Just dyno'd my stock '03 WOW!!

SAcobra427

Established Member
I just took my 03 conv. to the PSI Performance this weekend and ran it on there Mustang Dyno. I made 4 pulls and none of them were under 400 rwhp !!! My car is stock and is "as driven " off the showroom floor. My best pull was the 3rd one with a peak reading of 405 @ 6250 rpm and a peak torque reading of 382.59 @ 4407 rpm's The car has 1,384 miles on it. It was 55 degrees and the shop is 450' above sea level. The humidity was 86%. Has anybody else had numbers like these under these conditions ??? The numbers are SAE corrected.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
And we're living here in Allentown, Can you believe the numbers we're putting down. (apologies to Billy Joel, couldn't resist

jonas

Established Member
is that canadian or american horsepower??
its a joke nevermind :)

but on a serious note mustang dynos show 20+hp over dynojet dynos.
at least thats what I'm told but even if thats true 380 at the wheels is a cherry among tomatoes :beer:

CWCobra

Established Member
Jonas, you may have it backwards...the "Mustang" dyno typically reads 20% less than a Dynojet, if I'm not mistaken.

Later,
CW

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
That seems way high. Probably the highest I've ever seen. Mustang dynos are always lower than Dynojet numbers. Combine that with the SAE correction which yields the lowest numbers.

I don't know. Either that dyno is broke, or you have a serious factory freak.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
That seems way high. Probably the highest I've ever seen. Mustang dynos are always lower than Dynojet numbers. Combine that with the SAE correction which yields the lowest numbers.

I don't know. Either that dyno is broke, or you have a serious factory freak.

I agree 100%

CWCobra

Established Member
Also very odd that torque numbers looked low, relative to HP numbers...really like to see the graph. Something strange going on there. The TQ almost looks "high-normal", but the HP is out the roof.
Wonder if dyno operator had vehicle weight input correctly?

Fred G

Established Member
SA...Nice numbers. Did you happen to pull A/F #'s. I'm gonna bet that unless that dyno's broken, you be running mighty lean.

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
Nice numbers.

Mine was 376 hp and 366 tq with my bassani exhaust and k&n on a dynojet. I guess mine was a slow one....was :)

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
u made that power with the stock filter and snorkle?

I watched 2 03s dyno a few weeks ago. Both were 375rwhp +-1hp. When they removed the filter assembly they both jumped 11-12rwhp. My car with a KN filter and silencer delete dyno'd at 390rwph sae and I thought that was high.

I will allign myself with the theory of broken dyno or showroom freak. Its more likely one than the other.

If you go to the track and run 115-116mph quarters then thats another story.

Last edited:

BOOOOST

Established Member
A Mustang Dyne will basically read what you want it to. It all depends on how much resistance the dyno operator dials in on the Eddy Current system. The other thing is if the dyno is not calibrated properly.

I will state that there is NOT 1 production built '03 Cobra that makes over 400 rwhp legitimately. Sorry folks, just being honest.

Users who are viewing this thread