Just dyno'd my stock '03 WOW!!

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
What was the production date of this car. And has anyone noticed that the later built cars have had more hp? I in my readings they said the early built cars has low pwr and idle prb. the dealerships were reflashing the computors. was wondering if there has been other enhancements since. I have bought the anniver model, to be built in mid June. Also in hope the problems with the mtr, tics etc will be repaired by then. Any thoughts?

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Ok guys, I got SAcobra427's dyno sheet in the mail.

For those of your that are slight technogeeks the reason it could not be posted is 1) It was an image pasted into a word file and 2) It was over 8 megs in size.

Anyhow, here is SAcobra427's dyno graph.

davidmax

Established Member
CONGRATS,is that SAE corected?Highest I have seen on my dyno jet wat 384 give or take 4 ponniesa.You cant manipulate a dyno jet as you can a Mustang.Theres a reason Dyno Jet is the official Dyno for
Nascar,NHRA,Form1,SCCA and every other sanctioning body.
The best of luck take her to the track on stock rubber you should be mid 12's.
You may want to try another Dyno to verify because a base line is super important to see what kind of increases you get on mods.Heck those are almost Steeda #'s out the box.Dave S.

CWCobra

Established Member
I still suspect the weight factor was input into the dyno PC incorrectly... Does anyone know for sure the impact of weight entry error?

I saw one dyno'd where weight was entered 200 pounds light. Observed HP was approx 50 LESS than expected. Only 390 RWHP with O/R X pipe, CAI, and 2.80 pulley; TQ was right on the money at 440. My guess on that one was erroneous weight factor, but I'm no expert. Just guessing. Anybody know for sure?

Later,
CW

skorost

Established Member
Originally posted by CWCobra
I still suspect the weight factor was input into the dyno PC incorrectly... Does anyone know for sure the impact of weight entry error?

I saw one dyno'd where weight was entered 200 pounds light. Observed HP was approx 50 LESS than expected. Only 390 RWHP with O/R X pipe, CAI, and 2.80 pulley; TQ was right on the money at 440. My guess on that one was erroneous weight factor, but I'm no expert. Just guessing. Anybody know for sure?

Later,
CW

:dw:

skorost

Established Member
Originally posted by Disloyal
Ok guys, I got SAcobra427's dyno sheet in the mail.

For those of your that are slight technogeeks the reason it could not be posted is 1) It was an image pasted into a word file and 2) It was over 8 megs in size.

Anyhow, here is SAcobra427's dyno graph.

Wow that's the smoothest curve I have ever seen on a stock 03 Cobra. are those the stock platinum spark-plugs ? they are as steady as a denso iridium tip IT22/24.;-)

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
Weight has no impact on wheel measured horsepower.

Tire diameter and final drive ratios impact dyno torque and power only if the RPM is being estimated. If the RPM is being taken off of 1 of the coils (which most good shops will do), then the only issues become engine temperature (which is not adjusted for SAE), the impact of dyno load on accelleration (Mustang and SuperFlow versus Dynojet) and the slight conversion issues with SAE power / torque.

Weight, tire diameter and final drive ratios impact estimates made using accelerameters such as the G-Tech, but have zero impact on a dyno.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by skorost
Wow that's the smoothest curve I have ever seen on a stock 03 Cobra. are those the stock platinum spark-plugs ? they are as steady as a denso iridium tip IT22/24.;-)

Smoothing is your friend. LOL

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Looks like the smooth curve was done in Paint Pro. Kidding! ;-) Although the color in curve stands out much more than the numbers or others posted in this site....:eek:

Must be nice! Take it to the track or compare on another dyno.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
slow lane - your missing the point. You are correct that if a 3400lb car and a 2400lb car goes on a dynojet, the rwhp will be based on how much the cars engine made through the drivetrain and everything, not that one car is 1000lb lighter. But, from what I have heard, on a mustang dyno you put in the weight of the vehicle and what you put can alter the results.

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
That doesn't look like my dyno graphs at all. I think the guy who did the print out fudged up.:bash:

Will

Users who are viewing this thread