Just did a 105/205 on the Cobra. Errmuhhgurd this stuff is amazing

asierra1

Established Member
My cars tires are up for an air change! :lol1:

OP, nice work! Looks just like me TR 10th freshly corrected, can't beat that wet look. Makes ya want to take it out and give her hell to show it off and also hide it in the garage at the same time! Which looks like you have one hell of a shop to work in judging by the pics!

Haha it is a pretty nice shop. It's the base's new hobby shop. I spend quite a lot of time there lol

Ill_W1N

Established Member
5 hours for all that? Cripes i need a red car. Last 105,205 job i did on my car was 18 hours and took my entire weekend.

Electrokid

Established Member
Something like 34 hours to correct the grabber blue paint after the dealership mucked it up. GB feels extremely soft so it cuts easy, but is not necessarily the easiest to finish out.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Wow. That's quite a long time. How many passes did you make over the car?

It depended on if I got the swirls out with one pass or not, some areas took a couple of passes and some didn't. But I also only use 3.5" pads and do small areas at a time. This was the first black car and last black car I will ever own.

asierra1

Established Member
Black is a huge pain, but Adam's 7in pads should ease the pain. I've seen mixed reviews on their pads, but so far I'm happy with mine.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Black is a huge pain, but Adam's 7in pads should ease the pain. I've seen mixed reviews on their pads, but so far I'm happy with mine.
+1. Both my Shelby and my wife's BMW are black. Each one usually takes me an entire weekend to completely correct and detail.

asierra1

Established Member
emanege6.jpg

Heres a mirror shot of my black lighting. That was definitely a full two day job.

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
BTW - asierra1 - Very nice work.

04svtterm said:
Before going to a show or something id put a quick coat of wet gloss 2.0 on top of the wax/sealant to get that super extra wet look. Always loved the results.

I actually purchased the last case of Wet Glaze 2.0 that came off the line. I only have a few left. It's really sad this product became discontinued. I love the stuff.

5 hours for all that? Cripes i need a red car. Last 105,205 job i did on my car was 18 hours and took my entire weekend.

I did a red car yesterday. The car had less than 100 miles on it when I got it. It took 18 hours to do the exterior and engine bay.

It's been a while since I've used M105 & it's nice to say I don't miss it. For extreme cut my new fav is M101. Great cut and finish.
I haven't used the Meguiars D302 Microfiber Polish yet & I'm looking forward to it. D302 is a variation of D301 without added wax?

I prefer to use "The least aggressive method first" philosophy, and wound up using the Megs 5" microfiber polishing disc and D300.
I followed the D300 with Rupes 21 w/M205 & Lake Country 5.5" black pad then Carpro Reflect and a LC 5.5" CCS Gold jeweling pad.

2014VetteC7-1.jpg

2014VetteC7-4.jpg

These 2014 C7 pics are just the polished paint and were before applying/installing the Last Step Product (LSP).

Jroc

Established Member
Cool!

Even though overrated I'd say 105/205 does a decent job with a rotory. I'd say a little better that your OTC Meguiar's Sctatch X with a rotory. I even use a little 3M Ultrafinia on my black vehicles after 105/205.

But on the real(like real serious) you really need hit that exhaust with a good polishing J.O.B.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/568983-how-polish-your-exhaust.html

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
Cool!

Even though overrated I'd say 105/205 does a decent job with a rotary...I even use a little 3M Ultrafina on my black vehicles after 105/205.

IMHO
M105 dries out too fast. If you mist it, it becomes VERY messy and splatters!
M101 cuts & finishes to an "almost" LSP ready finish with minimal dust.
I think M105 works much better with a rotary than a DA.
In the past I used 3M Perfect-It 3000 Ultrafine a lot...
My new favorite finishing polish is CarPro Reflect.

"If I only could have two polishes they would be Megs M101 and Capro Reflect."

Last edited:

hoamskilet

Established Member
IMHO
M105 dries out too fast. If you mist it, it becomes VERY messy and splatters!
M101 cuts & finishes to an "almost" LSP ready finish with minimal dust.
I think M105 works much better with a rotary than a DA.
In the past I used 3M Perfect-It 3000 Ultrafine a lot...
My new favorite finishing polish is CarPro Reflect.

"If I only could have two polishes they would be Megs M101 and Capro Reflect."

Agreed. 105 works great when I need it, but it's easily the least enjoyable product I have to work with

Mapdog

Established Member
Properly detailing your car can be time-consuming, but it's not overly difficult.

Whether you use their products or not, Adam's videos are very informative. The techniques demonstrated can be used with both Adam's and non-Adam's stuff, IAW personal preference.

I decided to take a look. Is it racist when I laughed in the intro Adams video when he talked about USA and rode the bike past Juan and Jean? I'm sorry Juan and Jean, you may be 100% American.

asierra1

Established Member
Update. Here is a high def professional pic as promised. I had a great time with my buddy last night getting some awesome shots of the car. This photo was taken using light painting. It was pitch black outside and we used strobes to paint the car. More to come!

gyme7ypy.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
BTW - asierra1 - Very nice work.

I actually purchased the last case of Wet Glaze 2.0 that came off the line. I only have a few left. It's really sad this product became discontinued. I love the stuff.

I did a red car yesterday. The car had less than 100 miles on it when I got it. It took 18 hours to do the exterior and engine bay.

It's been a while since I've used M105 & it's nice to say I don't miss it. For extreme cut my new fav is M101. Great cut and finish.
I haven't used the Meguiars D302 Microfiber Polish yet & I'm looking forward to it. D302 is a variation of D301 without added wax?

I prefer to use "The least aggressive method first" philosophy, and wound up using the Megs 5" microfiber polishing disc and D300.
I followed the D300 with Rupes 21 w/M205 & Lake Country 5.5" black pad then Carpro Reflect and a LC 5.5" CCS Gold jeweling pad.

2014VetteC7-1.jpg

2014VetteC7-4.jpg

These 2014 C7 pics are just the polished paint and were before applying/installing the Last Step Product (LSP).

How the shit does a brand ****ing new car need paint correction past a little jeweling?

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Update. Here is a high def professional pic as promised. I had a great time with my buddy last night getting some awesome shots of the car. This photo was taken using light painting. It was pitch black outside and we used strobes to paint the car. More to come!

gyme7ypy.jpg
Do they shoot with a iPhone?

Users who are viewing this thread