Just did a 105/205 on the Cobra. Errmuhhgurd this stuff is amazing

asierra1

Established Member
I grew a wild hair the other day and decided to do a full detail on my 03 Cobra. Process consisted of washing with adam's car wash, claying with porter cable nanoskin pad, meguiars 105 and 205 compound, pre wax cleaner/polish, adam's brilliant glaze, and finished off with two coats of adam's americana wax. I am extremely happy with the results. The meguiars compounds are worth their weight in gold. They are by far the best compounds I've used to date. Any way on to the pics

IMAG0499_1_zps85446cb5.jpg

IMAG0484_1_zps35aaab17.jpg

IMAG0485_1_zps7aabc27b.jpg

IMAG0488_1_zps9df220b0.jpg

Joey8

Established Member
God, looks like you can go swimming in that hood. So wet and so much depth! Can't go wrong a good 105/205 correction. Megs ftw! Props brother.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Yeah BabY!!:banana::banana:
You used PC machine?

With all the Adam's stuff you used, Im surprised you didn't use the 2-stage Adam's system as well.

GREAT JOB!!

RC

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Nicely done, OP! Looks great!

Longing for detailing weather here... (After a BRIEF mid-day high of 55, tt's currently about 12 degrees with blowing snow and a wind chill of 0!)

RC-5.0

Established Member

Longing for detailing weather here... (After a BRIEF mid-day high of 55, tt's currently about 12 degrees with blowing snow and a wind chill of 0!)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was sweating my ARSE off in the car today until my A/C kicked in! :lol::lol:

RC

Electrokid

Established Member

I tried to Optimum No Rinse my car in the garage the other day... it was -44. Even with hot water, it froze to the vehicle before I could wipe it off.
I too am looking forward to the detailing weather.

asierra1

Established Member
Haha yes the random 70 degree day here in Louisiana did influence me to do some detailing. Not bad for nearly 130k on the clock. I was going to use the Adams 2 step, but with so many positive reviews on the megs stuff, I decided to give that a shot. Everything was also done with Adams pads and double soft towels. I guess you could say I'm partial to them lol

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
The first car I ever paint corrected was my TR 03 Cobra. I remember the feeling, looks great.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
You have an unfair advantage with the red. That car and the work you did demands better pics! It looks deep but I can only imagine how much deeper and glossier it will look in the sun and with a better camera.

Bottom line..you suck lol (j/k)

asierra1

Established Member
Actually, a friend of mine is really into photography (taking a break from cars), and going to do a photo shoot this weekend. I'll have some pretty cool pics to post up of the cobra and the lightning soon after.

04svtterm

Established Member
it is a sick combo which i always come back too. m105 can be tricky to work with if you dont give it the "work" time. When i use to detail my own cars, i would use the m105/205 combo and top it with 2 coats of wolfgang high gloss sealant or WG Fuzion. Before going to a show or something id put a quick coat of wet gloss 2.0 on top of the wax/sealant to get that super extra wet look. Always loved the results.

asierra1

Established Member
It took about five hours total. That was non stop and only the paint. I didn't do wheels, tires, trim, or interior lol. Theres a ton of info on this forum that you should look into. It helped me out quite a bit.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
"Change" the air in your tires...? :poke:

My cars tires are up for an air change! :lol1:

OP, nice work! Looks just like me TR 10th freshly corrected, can't beat that wet look. Makes ya want to take it out and give her hell to show it off and also hide it in the garage at the same time! Which looks like you have one hell of a shop to work in judging by the pics!

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
makes me wish i knew how to properly detail my own car. how long did it take you to do this all?
Properly detailing your car can be time-consuming, but it's not overly difficult.

Whether you use their products or not, Adam's videos are very informative. The techniques demonstrated can be used with both Adam's and non-Adam's stuff, IAW personal preference.

Users who are viewing this thread