Just can't leave anything stock ...

emerica4601

KCCO!
Established Member
Whats up guys,

Every car I've ever owned I just can't drive it without modifying it in some way. Depending on the car, its either just exterior, or aesthetics, or engine work. I've had my cobra for over 3 years now and every daily driver I've owned in its time, I've just had to modify.

I'm talking debadging, or painted emblems, or an intake, or tint, or ANYTHING. I just can't leave anything alone. I want to have a car that is different on the street.

I have an 07 civic now as a beater and I promised I wouldn't touch it because the car is strictly for gas mileage and such .. plus I HATE ricers .. however yesterday I flat black'd the front grill, rear emblem, shaved the civic emblem, and now going to do tint. Just little touches.

Anybody else the same way?

Joe :coolman:

Jroc

Established Member
I'm with you other than I've left my L mostly stock other than a Flowmaster exhaust, 15% window tint, and a Eclipse head unit.

The thing I'm having a hard time leaving stock now are my guns. My pistols anyway.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
Yes I do the same thing, from my Stang, to the Cummins, to the daily BMW, my 4 wheeler. Hell even my pulling tractor I have done the little minor touches to

RedFord96

Established Member
Can't blame you. There's always a way to make a stock car better. No way I was going to leave my car stock.

txbull

Established Member
Hell son i remember getting a brand new bike for my birthday, well the problem was it was like a street bike. And I wanted a dirt bike like a fat kid wants a twinkie. So the next day me and my dad stripped the bike to its frame and painted it flat red. I bought (with my allowance savings) new handle bars with new grips, new cranks with aluminum pedals, new rims with dirt tires!! painted every thing else primer black. i pushed that dam thing up and down my road for a week because i lost my dam chain. lol

Last edited:

Spitfire_GT

Back in the saddle
Established Member
Yup, my Tacoma has lots of little things done. I pulled all the badges and blacked them, nav head unit, lift, sliders, lots of stuff in the bed (mounted shovel, mouned hi-lift). Irritates my wife to hell. I love it. Started on Harleys years ago, now I modify everything.

She freaked when I tried to put an electronic cutout on the brand new M3. Rawr, hahahaha

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Honestly I cant stand any normal car completely stock. I have to modify it just a little bit to make it my own. So I totally understand. Even the beaters an gas savers.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
all of my cars are modded too.. just dont care for them stock. i dont think i even comment on pic threads with a stock car.

67 - 95gt powertrain, eleanor skirts, shelby wing
97gt - roush skirts, 3" cowl hood, roush rear valance.
87gt - 82gt wing, cowl hood
93z28 - 4" glasstek cowl hood, wings west ground fx, freedom design spoiler, t-top conversion, ceta mod
95f150 - bull bar, side steps, etc

etc

4a7191a

Established Member
im the same way everything ive owned has been modded. i even put a cold air on my mother's explorer. she wasnt thrilled til she saw it got almost 2mpg's better on a 4 hour trip. i hacked my father's airboxs on his 03 f150 too. lol

Last edited:

M3xpress

Established Member
Everything can be tweaked a little bit and I like the idea of making something better, nicer, cooler, etc. than it was before.

lrn2drvefrst

Established Member
I am the same way. My father bought a brand new Escape a few years back and wouldn't put a Cold Air Intake on it. I eventually got frustrated enough to buy him one for his Birthday. It's a sickness.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Every car I've owned has had at least a budget (but quality) stereo. My bike stayed stock for 4 years though. Now, the bike has some cosmetic bolt-ons. The Lightning has a stereo system. The Cobra doesn't have stock anything...

Modding has ruined my life some. I can't even consider buying a car anymore that doesn't have some mod potential or a nice sounding exhaust available for it.

PureStang

Established Member
Mustang is obviously modded....but my 1999 sable is completely untouched. Except for the cosmetic mod 2 deers left on my driver side door....

Users who are viewing this thread