Just Bought My Dream!!!!

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
Awesome man! But the 453RWHP is off. 8lbs, through stock manifolds will not make that power. You need some type of header and atleast 10lbs of boost.

My buddy has a 98 w/ IMRC deletes, oval t-body, SCT 90mm MAF, catted bassani X and a bassani catback. at 8 psi non intercooled he made 422rwhp tuned....

The torque looks very close tho. He dynoed around 370rwtq.

well joe at mustang magic tuned the car. www.mustangmagic.com by far the best mustang shop around. i do have the dyno sheets as well to prove it, i just have to get a chance to scan them.

as i can see the car only has an h-pipe, but there might be shortie headers on thre as well. but whatever the case is, dyno sheets dont lie./

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
deadlycobra03 said:
well joe at mustang magic tuned the car. www.mustangmagic.com by far the best mustang shop around. i do have the dyno sheets as well to prove it, i just have to get a chance to scan them.

as i can see the car only has an h-pipe, but there might be shortie headers on thre as well. but whatever the case is, dyno sheets dont lie./

maybe she's a freak??? anyways, if you have dyno sheets, rock on man. She must rip top end!

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
With the blower and very low miles, that's probably not too out of line. I wouldn't have paid more than $15k myself, but if you're happy with it, that's what matters. I have the same Cobra in the grill as you. I think they look cool in person...much better than what a picture depicts.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
That is an awesome find. I agree with most others here in that there is something fishy about that power level with 8lbs of boost. Maybe it was -10 degrees out when they dynoed it, but not too many cars make over 420 rwhp with those mods. Possible, but I can't imagine it's putting that out on a regular basis. The mileage certainly wouldn't have anything to do with it though. There are always extremes in different situations, so anythings possible I guess.

BTW, if you can't get a 12 out of a car with 453 rwhp and it weighs 3400 lbs, you shouldn't be driving a Mustang. You should get an 11 out of it.

On another note, why is it I seem to be seeing more and more SSR intakes around here? Is there something I don't know?

deadly97snake

Established Member
OK, ( i know i am going to get flammed ) my mistake. the car makes 437rwhp and 470 rwt. sorry to everyone . obviously i dont know how to read. i will upload the dyno sheet as soon as i can, but again car made 437rwhp and 370 rwt. not the 453rwhp i originally mentioned.

sorry if i came across being a know it all. definatley didnt mean to, and i admit i was wrong and dumb for not knowing how to read lol.

oh by the way. i am the original poster of this thread. the name i posted under is my fathers who has the 03 cobra

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
deadly97snake said:
OK, ( i know i am going to get flammed ) my mistake. the car makes 437rwhp and 470 rwt. sorry to everyone . obviously i dont know how to read. i will upload the dyno sheet as soon as i can, but again car made 437rwhp and 370 rwt. not the 453rwhp i originally mentioned.

sorry if i came across being a know it all. definatley didnt mean to, and i admit i was wrong and dumb for not knowing how to read lol.

oh by the way. i am the original poster of this thread. the name i posted under is my fathers who has the 03 cobra

Well, you almost did it again with the 470 rwtq. :) Either way, there's nothing to say that it couldn't have made tht power, it may have had mods you didn't know about, or the best tuner in the history of Earth. 437 rwhp is pretty much in line for those mods, and still on the good end of them.

I certainly wouldn't say you came off as a know it all, everyone makes mistakes. Only the little kids on this site refuse to admit when they have made one.

Again, nice car!

deadly97snake

Established Member
thanks. i was just wondering, i want more around 450-475 at the wheels. is this power safe for our engines? or should i stay where i am. i want to run mid to low 12's. i was thinking 10lbs of boost

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
10 lbs is about the limit you want to go with for that engine. They tend to let go right around the 450 rwhp mark, but many have done far more without rebuillding. Who knows how long their motors lasted though. Really it's a toss up, even WITH a built engine on any car. It's really all in the tune.

Fordged internals will withstand more power, but either way, it must be tuned correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread