Just Bought My Dream!!!!

96cobrakid

Established Member
beaustiful car, get us some more pictures and enjoy her. You've got a decent amount of power there, be careful and have fun!

Toasty

Established Member
deadlycobra03 said:
ok, well after 1 year of looking i have found my car and finally bought it. i was looking to get another terminator, but decided not to. then i was up in arms about a 2003 saleen or roush. but i always wanted a 96-98 cobra. i just love these cars.

so searching around yesterday, i found exactly what i been looking for, and when people say its a small world it definatley is.

quick story, joe at mustang magic knows a guy santos. he had this beautiful 97 cobra that he bought new and kept it cleaner than anyone he knew. so when i saw the car and asked joe how the car is he said right away but it. so i did.

the cars mods are as follows:

Vortec S-Trim Supercharger 8 PSI,Satin finish.Mac H-Pipe and Borla Catback Exhaust,2 and a half inch Stainless Steel.3.73 Gear Ratio.80mm C and L Mass Air Meter,Cobra R Chrome Rims 17x9.245/45/17 Front tires,270/40/17 Rear Mickey Thompson Drag Radials,A- Pillar Gauge Pod with Fuel Pressure and Boost Autometer Gauges

the car dynoed at 453rwhp and 354rwt

i paid 19k for the car. yes, i know its a lot for a 97 cobra, but knowing that it came from a 65 year old man, who never abused the car at all, took great care of it, and knowing he would have kept it if it werent for a new 07 shelby, i rather pay the extra money.

Looks awesome. Need some lowering springs and its 100% done. I'd say FRPP B Springs.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Sometimes it's worth it to pay the little extra. That is one sweet Cobra!

Last edited:

whitecobra98

Established Member
sweet ride...glad you found what you were looking for...sometimes it's worth waiting...especially when you really can't drive it this time of year....

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
cobra4v said:
Sometimes it's worth it to pay the little extra. That is one sweet Cobra!

i feel the same way. i didnt mind paying the extra money. the dealer's manager even said he will call the customer and get all the receipts,window sticker, svt certificate and everything else for the car. ( they are friends, which alsohelps )

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Awesome man! But the 453RWHP is off. 8lbs, through stock manifolds will not make that power. You need some type of header and atleast 10lbs of boost.

My buddy has a 98 w/ IMRC deletes, oval t-body, SCT 90mm MAF, catted bassani X and a bassani catback. at 8 psi non intercooled he made 422rwhp tuned....

The torque looks very close tho. He dynoed around 370rwtq.

Users who are viewing this thread