Just bought an 03 and a few questions

Shoregtp

Established Member
I sold my 2001 C5 Z06 and bought a 2003 Cobra Vert. I am looking forward to enjoying the car. I do have a few questions.

1) The car has an exhaust and intake. I havent researched much but is this a stock pulley?

217065_10150160559193678_654763677_6657125_5382067_n.jpg

2) Where can I buy a cover for the convertible part when the top is down?

3) Who is the manufacturer of this light bar and where can I get it?

217563_10150160559053678_654763677_6657123_8124255_n.jpg

Thanks in advance and thats all for now...

Greg

Blackedout

Established Member
That is NOT the stock blower pully... what does the lower crank pully look like ??? How much boost is it making ??

Terminated03

Established Member
Not sure...I will take a picture...a little over 10 lbs...I only have the stock gauge.

Welcome and Oh boy!

Also, it looks like that pulley may be coming off....? Im not sure, but it looks like its not evenly pressed on.

Last edited:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
That's a hunk of shit pulley and idler. It scares me every time I see a '03 Cobra with the "wrong" mods. It makes me instantly think that the owner doesn't/didn't know WTF he was doing. GET THAT TUNE CHECKED PRONTO!

DICobra

Established Member
I have my stock cover for my previous V6 convertible. Pm me if your interested. I believe they fit to with the Cobra's :)

jdgt03

Established Member
Why is there no bolt on the blower pulley?? I dont even see any threads, something is odd there, i get that checked out.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
That's a hunk of shit pulley and idler. It scares me every time I see a '03 Cobra with the "wrong" mods. It makes me instantly think that the owner doesn't/didn't know WTF he was doing. GET THAT TUNE CHECKED PRONTO!
yea looks like some of that rpm outlet junk & get wide band on it in a hurry & like unit23

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Why is there no bolt on the blower pulley?? I dont even see any threads, something is odd there, i get that checked out.
Because the blower pulley is press fit, and there is no bolt that goes in there?? Why open your mouth for advise if you don't know what you are talking about? Stop trying to freak this guy out.. Make sure the belt is aligned, and there isn't excessive play in the idler, and you're good to go.

OP look at the belt at idle, if it is aligned properly don't worry about your pulley "coming off". Chances are its a 2.90 upper... Did it come with a Handheld tuner like a Predator, or SCT XCal? You may want to get a better set of idlers eventually, to replace the crap stock ones, but that one isn't going to be any worse than the shitty stockers anyways.

It is always a good idea as has been suggested to get it to a dyno, or borrow someones WB O2 to verify the tune is good, which isn't any different than any other performance car you buy used with unknown mods..

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
And your boost needle is pegging at 10. You should be about 13.7# on a 3.0" upper. Inside diameter.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Because the blower pulley is press fit, and there is no bolt that goes in there??.

True, but the early ones did have a bolt and later they switched over to some kind of plastic thing as a retainer which I think was refered to as a "christmas tree".
Pic of mine for reference.
028-1.jpg

jdgt03

Established Member
Because the blower pulley is press fit, and there is no bolt that goes in there?? Why open your mouth for advise if you don't know what you are talking about? Stop trying to freak this guy out.. Make sure the belt is aligned, and there isn't excessive play in the idler, and you're good to go.

OP look at the belt at idle, if it is aligned properly don't worry about your pulley "coming off". Chances are its a 2.90 upper... Did it come with a Handheld tuner like a Predator, or SCT XCal? You may want to get a better set of idlers eventually, to replace the crap stock ones, but that one isn't going to be any worse than the shitty stockers anyways.

It is always a good idea as has been suggested to get it to a dyno, or borrow someones WB O2 to verify the tune is good, which isn't any different than any other performance car you buy used with unknown mods..

Dude chill the **** out, i was asking why there wasnt a bolt, mine has one is why i asked. Not trying to freak him out, if i just bought one and noticed some had a bolt and mine didnt then id want to know why wouldnt you??? Just trying to help the guy not make him sell the car man.:shrug:

Slow99x

Established Member
Looks like part of the puller tool or retaining bolt is broken off in the snout. That happened to me and I was able to back it out carefully with a small screwdriver.

Users who are viewing this thread