Just bought a 2011 gt500 10 min ago... Question

dereknel015

Established Member
Hi guys just bought a 2011 gt500 with glass roof and what I thought nav. It has the large touchscreen but it says no GPS in the upper left hand corner of the screen in a small box. I performed a reset too. It won't find my location but it will show the map at a destination a car was at a while ago. If it has the large touch screen, it must have nav right?

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Do not know about that model, but our edge came with the large screen info center but did not have nav. Had to change the head unit to get the navigation. So is possible to have the large screen but not nav.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Hi guys just bought a 2011 gt500 with glass roof and what I thought nav. It has the large touchscreen but it says no GPS in the upper left hand corner of the screen in a small box. I performed a reset too. It won't find my location but it will show the map at a destination a car was at a while ago. If it has the large touch screen, it must have nav right?

post a picture of it

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
It should. May have to replace antenna or something, but should have GPS. The fact it says “no gps” means something is wrong with it, but not that it doesn’t have the capability.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ That message "No GPS" means there is an issue with the GPS. First likely cause would be the antenna, since you're not getting a GPS signal. You'd normally get that message if you were in an area where the signal was being blocked. I would visit the dealer and have them check it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Also, you said that you did a reset. What type of reset? You should probably do a master reset. That might clear up the issue IF it is not antenna related. So if it were me, the master reset would be first, before I investigated the antenna.

dereknel015

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I did a master reset and didn't help at all. The owner who was in his 60s said he called Ford and they said this car didn't have GPS, that freaked me out a little but I didn't believe it at first, then started second guessing and posted this lol. I am going to try disconnecting the battery terminals to see if that helps. Won't the dealer charge some outrageous amount just to diagnose the issue? I wish this was a more simple issue where I didn't have e to go through the dealer

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Congrats on the new toy. We need pics! Did you get the original window sticker? It should say exactly what the car came with. Personally I never use nav in cars - my phone does a better job.

luker669

Established Member
The antenna for the gps and xm radio is one in the same.
I don’t believe you can have the screen without the gps.
I have plenty of spare parts if you need something.
I upgrade mine from the radio to the touch screen gps.
IMG_9464.JPG
IMG_9739.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

luker669

Established Member
Does your xm radio work, even without a subscription you should be able to listen to the preview station, I think that’s 1 or 100 channel

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it has the screen, it has nav.

Stupid question, but are you trying it in your garage? I know vehicles GPS' won't get signal in my service department inside.

luker669

Established Member
It’s not a sd card it’s a dvd that loads on the hard drive

dereknel015

Established Member
Does your xm radio work, even without a subscription you should be able to listen to the preview station, I think that’s 1 or 100 channel

Don't think so. I couldn't find a channel to work, but was hard to switch between channels so I just switched between the xm presets, one of which seemed to be a preview station that didn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread