Just about ready to pull the trigger on '08 Super Snake

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I am on the West side of Cleveland.
I will have the car at Fun Ford weekend at Norwalk this summer if you make it up for that.
i might have to go up there and check it out! been wanting to get up to norwalk, hear that its a LOT better than national trails. might have to see if i can find a blue oval badge about the size of the geo badge so i dont look too out of place, lol. i'll just tell everyone its the limited edition ford bronco cabriolet:lol1:

ff500

Established Member
I've done some reading on the SS and the 40th ann package, I think the 40th is a better deal and I may think about having that done if its still available. Has anyone seen a 40th in person?

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Who and how do you contact Sehlby in regards to the SS, I have thought about the SS and since I am about to send my car to the dealer I can compare the options I am considering.

These are the options I am cosidering right now and the prices I have been quoted.

frpp cai kit $800.00 , frpp exhaust sgt-s? $780.00 ,frpp handling kit $1900.00, 3.73 gears $600.00, short throw shifter $250
I was also considering a KB once the warranty expires also.I know the SS package is expensive I'm not sure how much. So any info you can give me would be helpful. Especially whay you get in the SS package and the cost.
Thanks.

Here is a link to all the info: http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=3099 The pricing listed for all the mods is a bundled package; ie, no itemized pricing for each individual mod. Call and find out if Shelby will do individual mods @ either their shop or their other authorized mod facilities. I know Tasca Ford in Rhode Island is a authorized Shelby mod facility on the East Coast. Hope this helps. :read:

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Grabber Orange is sweet.

Do you have a choice of the S.S. build in Vegas or Cranston? I would rather drive it to R.I. than ship it to NV. Just my .02.

Tasca East Coast Mod Shop info here.
http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10743

Yea, you have a choice where to take your car. Tasca Ford in Rhode Island is closest to me. They also have a facility in Texas I believe, but don't quote me. Whatever facility does the SS mods will reflect on the build tag from what I have been told.

Raymond

slower than you
Established Member
The grabber orange with black stripes is seriously one of the VERY few Mustangs I've liked with any sort of stripes on them. I usually 100% hate stripes on cars, but damn, that thing looks badass!

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
the shelby ss package is about $28k for either the 600hp(about 510rwhp) or the 725hp(about 620rwhp, uses the kb blower). i beleive its $27995 if i remember correctly

The 600 hp pricing is $27,995 and the 725 hp. package is $31,995. Here is a link with with most CURRENT info as this has been changing slightly over the last several months. http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=3099

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
I think driving 6-8 hours to Evo would be better than going to tasca.

Cheaper perhaps and they truly know how to build a race car, I trust them with my car, Tasca has yet to prove themselves if you know what I mean, they may but just not yet as they have not really publicly released any modded GT500s that I know of or that has been posted on the net.

I gave one call to them awhile back and they gave me ridiculous figures like "well its an 8 hour job to replace springs and dampers"!

Chuck: Tasca is a Shelby Authorized mod dealer on the East Coast for the Super Snake Package. The pricing for that package is locked in by Shelby. They have been chosen because of Carroll Shelby's relationship over the years with the Tasca family. I don't know what other mods if any they do on cars but that is a big question in my mind on them having the professional ability to install that package on my car! I will definetely visit their facility before I committ to have that conversion done there. I also will be planning a 2-3 day trip to Vegas to visit Shelby's facility and speak personally with the people that are involved with the Super Snake. I want to feel comfortable taking the car to the facility of my choice which is licensed to do the package. Tasca is definetely a lot closer to me than Vegas and would be more convienient since they call you when they are ready for your car and from what I have been told will take 2-4 weeks to complete upon delivery.

ff500

Established Member
I will be calling Tasca tomorrow and asking about the 40th package, from what I've been reading on the Shelby forum they were in the process of building a new performance shop at Tasca and it would be ready this fall.I live about 45 minutes from Tasca and it would be convenient to have them do the work, It would cost me over 2k to ship my car to vegas plus another 2k back plus whatever to ship back my original parts.That money could go towards the power or brake upgrade if i decide to have it done.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
I will be calling Tasca tomorrow and asking about the 40th package, from what I've been reading on the Shelby forum they were in the process of building a new performance shop at Tasca and it would be ready this fall.I live about 45 minutes from Tasca and it would be convenient to have them do the work, It would cost me over 2k to ship my car to vegas plus another 2k back plus whatever to ship back my original parts.That money could go towards the power or brake upgrade if i decide to have it done.

John: Please pass on any info you get on their facility and the people they have in place to do these conversions. PM me if you will if there is a lot to say and I will give you my cell # to talk. Thanks.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Between the Performance White and Grabber Orange the Grabber Orange wins by far!!!
IMO the Ebony Clearcoat is mean looking!!!

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Between the Performance White and Grabber Orange the Grabber Orange wins by far!!!
IMO the Ebony Clearcoat is mean looking!!!

I pretty much convinced myself to go Grabber Orange and then get the orange caliper option as well. All manufacturers have white as a color to choose but the Grabber Orange is specific to the mustang lineup and a color they brought back from the Boss 302 days! Off to the dealer tomorrow for my order and wiring the $10k deposit to Shelby to reserve a SS vin #. :beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

pm sent....

as stated if you want to build a badass gt500 check out pas in virginia. 550+ rwhp with a fully adjustable suspension that wins races would destroy the shelby ss in terms of performance.

ff500

Established Member
Talked with Cynthia at Shelby she sent me the updated lists on the 40th and the SS, I'm on the fence with the 40th its $11250(coupe). add $7500 for the 600hp upgrade or$10000 for the 700+hp another 549.99 for the short throw shifter and still another $4200 for the extreme brakes plus. Yikes!!!
I was quoted from Imperial Ford $250 for the short throw installed!
Anyways If I was to do anything it would be the 600hp SS its $27999. but you get everything mentioned above and some ,and it looks meaner. So the big question is, Is it worth it ? You could sell the parts you get back and get a few bucks back, tires and rims, supercharger, brakes, and whatever else they take off. If you DIY do you take away from the value, or if its done by Shelby does it become worth more? Possibly worth everything you've put into it? Man I wish my last name was Shelby.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
The pricing on the SS is crazy high IMO
Especially if you already paid over sticker

Chuck: Placed my order this afternoon for 1K over MSRP!! $46,390 before tax, tags, registration. :rockon: Ordered Grabber Orange coup w/stripe delete, hids, premium trim package and ambient lighting. Dealer is having car drop shipped to Las Vegas for no additional charge when they are ready for my car. I pay for enclosed transport from Shelby to my dealer for ~$900. Keep in mind I get back all the parts they take off and can sell them on e-bay or on this site: supercharger, wheels/tires, brakes, hood etc and I figure I can recoup ~$5K. I truly believe a serialized SS with what I paid is well worth it! 725hp. with all those mods should be worth more on resale than the same equipped car by Evolution. The're only doing 1000 '08 conversions! You paid 10K over sticker I believe so I'm $9k plus $5k or $14k ahead so the 725hp SS is only costing me $18k more than your car. :eek: No flame intended BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread