Just about ready to pull the trigger on '08 Super Snake

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Am talking to the dealer that I bought my '03 Torch Anniversary Vert new from back in Sept. '03 and the best deal right know is 5k over MSRP! :whine: Of course I said I'll do the deal right now for sticker but they wouldn't budge. I even offered the Sales Mgr. and Rep. $500. apiece under the table for sticker which got their attention, but then they were concerned the owner would find out and lead to bad repurcussions. Needless to say I left. I called Shelby in Vegas and as of today they have deposits on 300 '07 SS's and 150 '08 SS's. They are only converting 1000 for each model year, so I can be committed for one if I send them my $10,000 deposit. Since you get back all the parts they take off and I want the 725hp package, I figure I could sell the SC, tires and wheels, brakes/rotors; maybe even the hood and recoup the $5k. No sense holding on to that stuff since I'll never be converting back to stock. Now the problem is what color I want! :uh oh: I'm keeping the vert so I'm ruling out torch red. I'm leaning towards either Grabber Orange or Performance White. Here's the link for the colors. Oh, I've ruled out vapor metallic because I don't think there's enough pop to it. Let me know what ya'll think. http://www.mustangevolution.com/mustang-pictures/cat4/ Thanks for any and all feedback. :beer:

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I personally would go with the Grabber O. It was my second choice after the Red.
The Grabber O looks sick on the SS. Have you seen the pics of one in the Dec. Road & Track?

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Yea, saw the pics in Road & Track. Orange and black stand out IMO and you have an option of having the calipers painted orange too. Blue, black, red are the other choice of caliper colors. I think the white with the matte black stripes is sick too. Can't make up my mind. LOL Saw alot of the Saleen PJ cars and liked the orange/black combo. White BTW passed black as the #1 color choice recently in cars nationwide so it will hold value for resale, even though I'll probably hold onto the car for a long time.

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
The Red and Black stripes one is the only color id get my GT500 in ever!

ff500

Established Member
Who and how do you contact Sehlby in regards to the SS, I have thought about the SS and since I am about to send my car to the dealer I can compare the options I am considering.

These are the options I am cosidering right now and the prices I have been quoted.

frpp cai kit $800.00 , frpp exhaust sgt-s? $780.00 ,frpp handling kit $1900.00, 3.73 gears $600.00, short throw shifter $250
I was also considering a KB once the warranty expires also.I know the SS package is expensive I'm not sure how much. So any info you can give me would be helpful. Especially whay you get in the SS package and the cost.
Thanks.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I didnt read any of the thread..pull the trigger :)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I was also considering a KB once the warranty expires also.I know the SS package is expensive I'm not sure how much. So any info you can give me would be helpful. Especially whay you get in the SS package and the cost.
Thanks.

the shelby ss package is about $28k for either the 600hp(about 510rwhp) or the 725hp(about 620rwhp, uses the kb blower). i beleive its $27995 if i remember correctly.

the colors...http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=67523

the package...
Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the GT500 Super Snake package which will include:
• Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit (SuperPack 600) producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque
• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
• Ford Racing performance exhaust system
• Ford Racing Handling Pack offering unique performance suspension tuning including Dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
• Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels
• Ford Racing short-throw shifter
• Baer 6 piston brakes with Shelby cast calipers and larger rotors
• Front brake cooling ducts
• Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby design
• ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid
• 'Super Snake' vehicle badging
• Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats, and other Shelby designed components
• Official Shelby CSM dash plate

In addition, while the full Super Snake package will be available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products comprising the Super Snake package will be available from Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing starting in June.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
The Red and Black stripes one is the only color id get my GT500 in ever!
yep, with the black out head/tail lights like the pre-pro SS, just plain mean lookin!

blueovalkid, are you around central ohio? im just east of columbus, hoping to see your car around some time. seen a few shelbys around here but not many.

chuckstang

Established Member
I think driving 6-8 hours to Evo would be better than going to tasca.

Cheaper perhaps and they truly know how to build a race car, I trust them with my car, Tasca has yet to prove themselves if you know what I mean, they may but just not yet as they have not really publicly released any modded GT500s that I know of or that has been posted on the net.

I gave one call to them awhile back and they gave me ridiculous figures like "well its an 8 hour job to replace springs and dampers"!

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
blueovalkid, are you around central ohio? im just east of columbus, hoping to see your car around some time. seen a few shelbys around here but not many.

I am on the West side of Cleveland.
I will have the car at Fun Ford weekend at Norwalk this summer if you make it up for that.

Users who are viewing this thread