JPC turbo powered stick car goes 9's on RADIALS!!!

Benchracer

Established Member
Took the car out to the track last weekend to work out some kinks. Car is almost full weight T56 magnum trans with JPC's single turbo kit, running on a 275/60 radial tire. Anybody that has ran radials with a stick car at the track can tell you, its not easy to get a radial to hook on the hit, especially a 3700lb car, so I was pretty happy with the results. Car still has another 200ish hp left in it. First pass waa 10.15@140mph, then a 10.04@140, then finally at the end of the night 9.98@138mph. Here is the vid

[video=youtube_share;jrajwsMuQj8]http://youtu.be/jrajwsMuQj8[/video]

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Were you shifting slow? I know sometimes the camera picks up the sound funny, not sure if you were taking it easy....

What rear gear?

Damn that thing sounds badass! Nice man.

Benchracer

Established Member
9A1CB71B-55D7-4979-984E-D6F42422B854_zpsauw1uksx.jpg

May have been less. Im just guessing

Torchy

Established Member
That's awesome man! Been following your build and been waiting to see this.

Benchracer

Established Member
SMM, I wasnt shifting slow but I wasnt shifting all out either. I was lifting off the gas between shifts. I have 4.10 rear gears

Benchracer

Established Member
That's awesome man! Been following your build and been waiting to see this.

Thanks man. I have been slacking on posting up progress. I work 70-80hrs a week so its hard to find much time to post. Some finicky 02 sensors were causing some major fuel issues for a while. Took me forever to figure it out because they would read fine on the logs. I finally just decided to replace them and luckily it fixed my issue.

Users who are viewing this thread