JPC Turbo kit

HONDASAKI

Established Member
Those of with JPC single turbo kits. I'm planning on buying this kit for my stock engine 2013 auto car. Looking for it to be a almost daily driver/weekend warrior. Has anyone had any issues with this kit? I'm 90% sure I'm going with this kit. Thanks.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Those of with JPC single turbo kits. I'm planning on buying this kit for my stock engine 2013 auto car. Looking for it to be a almost daily driver/weekend warrior. Has anyone had any issues with this kit? I'm 90% sure I'm going with this kit. Thanks.

The kit is LEGIT. There is no reason NOT to go with it. It's a great kit, performs great and has a great price. It's usually in stock ready to go as well.

BV600

Established Member
If I had the money I would go with the JPC kit, until then my procharger will do.

figit

Established Member
The kit is LEGIT. There is no reason NOT to go with it. It's a great kit, performs great and has a great price. It's usually in stock ready to go as well.

I'm also considering the kit and your advice sounds great. However, then I noticed your car is currently in their shop due to a piston failure. It also appears based on your sig, from a mechanical standpoint, your car is otherwise stock. So you took your stock car in, had the kit installed, and then blew a piston? Can you shed some light on what happened to your car? Thanks!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I think Stevenstarke had a hellion twin kit on his car and went WOT before being fully tuned and popped the motor. I think there was a big long build thread he posted some time ago.

nonliberal

Established Member
I'm also considering the kit and your advice sounds great. However, then I noticed your car is currently in their shop due to a piston failure. It also appears based on your sig, from a mechanical standpoint, your car is otherwise stock. So you took your stock car in, had the kit installed, and then blew a piston? Can you shed some light on what happened to your car? Thanks!

His sig says he has a Hellion TT kit installed, not the JPC single. Looks like it's just being worked on at JPC. *edit* ^^ Juic3d Beat me to it.

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member
I think he has hellion twin turbo setup. But turbo, supercharger, Nitrous they all can grenade the engine usually tune related, bad gas, or pushing the envelope ie 600+ plus wheel hp or 500 wtq or less with a turbo if not tuned correctly. But if i was going turbo JPC or CPR is the way to go. I looked into it I have a paxton but to much $ vs what I have in the car already.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
While we're on the topic of JPC Turbo kit, can you guys expand on the placement of the 02 sensors on the kit? Traditionally, don't the 02 sensors belong post-turbine? How is the fueling and tuneability with the sensors in their stock locations?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
While we're on the topic of JPC Turbo kit, can you guys expand on the placement of the 02 sensors on the kit? Traditionally, don't the 02 sensors belong post-turbine? How is the fueling and tuneability with the sensors in their stock locations?

As far as fueling and drive ability goes we haven't had any issues with tuning. If your curious about driveability read the lastest issue of MM&FF for the King of the street article. They wrote about the drive ability of the boss.

If you were installing an aftermarket gauge I would prefer it to be post turbine because when the sensors are under pressure they're readings will be slightly off. So really as a tuner you have 2 options. You can either deal with the stock location and just make sure you verify the A/F with a gauge after the turbine and lower your target A/F or you can move the sensors to after the turbine and mess with the 02 delay to get the sensors to accurately read.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
As far as fueling and drive ability goes we haven't had any issues with tuning. If your curious about driveability read the lastest issue of MM&FF for the King of the street article. They wrote about the drive ability of the boss.

If you were installing an aftermarket gauge I would prefer it to be post turbine because when the sensors are under pressure they're readings will be slightly off. So really as a tuner you have 2 options. You can either deal with the stock location and just make sure you verify the A/F with a gauge after the turbine and lower your target A/F or you can move the sensors to after the turbine and mess with the 02 delay to get the sensors to accurately read.

I have the issue but haven't flipped through it just yet.

In the tune, do you shut off the 02s after a certain boost/rpm and rely solely on maf or are they functioning throughout the rpm band?

Great info so far, thanks for sharing.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Very interested in the in depth information this thread is going.
im actually going to take my front sway bar off after it warms up to see if I can deal with it being gone.
im curious of the part throttle, around town drivability. I know the wide open, balls out power is there.
However 90% of the time it will be half or less pedal.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
I have the issue but haven't flipped through it just yet.

In the tune, do you shut off the 02s after a certain boost/rpm and rely solely on maf or are they functioning throughout the rpm band?

Great info so far, thanks for sharing.

Nope you never shut off the 02's in the tune. You just need to be aware of how it effects the car and compensate accordingly. For example, lets say your trying to command .75 lambda @ WOT. But when the front 02 sensors read .75 the car is actually at .78 lambda (just an example) as seen off of your 02 sensor in the down pipe. You'll just need to lower your commanded lambda for it to adjust to the correct A/F. Otherwise tuning will be similar to anything else, its just a matter of dialing in the MAF curve and making sure you've got all the proper data on your injectors (as far as fueling goes).

It's not a big deal but its something that you need to be aware of.

Again if you'd like to move the 02 sensors post turbine that's always an option as well, you'll just need to modify the 02 delay accordingly.

Very interested in the in depth information this thread is going.
im actually going to take my front sway bar off after it warms up to see if I can deal with it being gone.
im curious of the part throttle, around town drivability. I know the wide open, balls out power is there.
However 90% of the time it will be half or less pedal.

Read through the new 5.0 article if you'd like a 3rd party writeup or PM bench racer or proof101

Thanks for all the input. Keep it coming!

Last edited:

Benchracer

Established Member

I have the kit on my car. Installed it myself. It is a very nice kit. The drivability is amazing. It drives just like a factory stock car until you mash the "go" pedal. The standard 7675 turbo is capable of up to 1200rwhp so it will satisfy 99.9% of people in the power category. It starts making boost arpund 3krpms and really hits hard at 4k rpms. Any questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
You rocking stock manifolds or JBA Benchracer? If stock, did you port them? The first thing I noticed when I pulled mine off was the large amount of welding slag present in each primary. Looks like a good amount of power could be had by port matching.

Did you coat your headers/hot side piping? Any signs of extra heat in engine bay? Did you notice a power increase from removing the filter?

poof100

Established Member
Read through the new MM&FF article if you'd like a 3rd party writeup or PM bench racer or proof101

It's actually the new May 5.0 Magazine King of the Streets article with the JPC Boss 302 in there :)

You rocking stock manifolds or JBA Benchracer? If stock, did you port them? The first thing I noticed when I pulled mine off was the large amount of welding slag present in each primary. Looks like a good amount of power could be had by port matching.

Did you coat your headers/hot side piping? Any signs of extra heat in engine bay? Did you notice a power increase from removing the filter?

Mine still runs the Stock manifolds. We pull the filter off at the track but I run the filter on the street normally.

Last edited:

Benchracer

Established Member
Here is a quick street pull vid a buddy took when I gave him a ride the other day.
[youtube_browser]Cl9JkYi-lOM[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread