JPC makes 507.7 rwhp NA!

ViciousJay

Established Member
How do you know they're (not there) not capable? Do you know every person on this forum personally?

Stick to topic. As for knowing people personally off here, i know a few, as for doing their own work, ill say for every 10 people 1 person might attempt this build if that. The cost of going 500 hp in this car n/a is not worth the money just yet... in 5-7 years sure... but not now....

markw351

Established Member
tq seems to be much lower, any input on that?

Noticed that too but, i think the gearing that they have will make up for that specially w/3.73 or 4.10s. The 11's are just getting started and potential has only scratched the surface. Not much for dyno numbers so i can't wait to see some times on a built N/A 5.0.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Ummm ok to get 500 n/a

2400 for heads and cams
550 for tune
350 for intake
450 for the boss intake
1200 for full exhaust

thats still over 4K, and were not talking labor yet... cuz we all know more hten 85% of the people here cant do a head swap or dont have the will too so factor that cost into the price, not saying going n/a 500 is not cool but the cost to do so is a joke. You might as well just get a vortech or something

The only mod on your list that most average people wouldnt have is the heads and cams. If your going to add a blower or turbo you might as well add heads and cams while your there. And if your doing nitrous well hell none of it really matters anyways. :)

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
no there not, swapping s/c is one thing, swapping heads is totally different and requires more then just a a few sockets and such.

Swapping heads is not that difficult. If I were to do this to my car, I'd be doing it myself. But it's my daily, and I already promised the wife I wouldn't tear into the engine on this thing.

tq seems to be much lower, any input on that?

Gonna guess it's got everything to do with the intake runner design.

Dave_6

Established Member
Stick to topic. As for knowing people personally off here, i know a few, as for doing their own work, ill say for every 10 people 1 person might attempt this build if that. The cost of going 500 hp in this car n/a is not worth the money just yet... in 5-7 years sure... but not now....

In YOUR opinion it's not, but for someone with the money who likes NA power it's definitely worth it. It's worth it for me because I love high RPM naturally aspirated setups.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Nice! I wonder how similar to BOSS cams those are.

The horsepower shows no sign of leveling off at 7550.

The BOSS has got light weight valve train and forged bottom which would translate to a high RPM durability advantage over a regular 5.0.

I think once these guys start putting this stuff on built motors we are going to see some really wild horsepower per liter..... N/A!!:rockon:

That's already pretty wild, how much power will that set up make at 8500?
Obviously it would need components that would live at that RPM, but WOW!

What an awesome engine design!:beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Nice! I wonder how similar to BOSS cams those are.

The horsepower shows no sign of leveling off at 7550.

The BOSS has got light weight valve train and forged bottom which would translate to a high RPM durability advantage over a regular 5.0.

I think once these guys start putting this stuff on built motors we are going to see some really wild horsepower per liter..... N/A!!:rockon:

That's already pretty wild, how much power will that set up make at 8500?
Obviously it would need components that would live at that RPM, but WOW!

What an awesome engine design!:beer:

Agreed. I'm excited to see what's in store. Question is, even if the engine can survive being spun that fast, can the stock ECU keep up? Just wondering how fast you can spin it before you need a stand alone system of some kind.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
No matter what 500 n/a is crazy thats great numbers for a ls motors but if you havent ever rode in a ls motor with that much power n/a they run pretty crappy at low rpm just cruising around, id bet this has way better low rpm manners. So im very impressed and excited for things to come with this new engine.

Yes spray is cheaper but this plus spray is faster LOL
Im spraying mine and its a blast but the fact of the matter is almost everyone gets butt hurt when u roll them on spray and always want a rematch n/a, when they have a damn pd blower or another power adder. So this would be great for a time like that. hell at 7k on spray im only making low 500s.

Now i just need to get my nova running so i can tear into the heads on this guy. lol and I will def be doing it myself to help ur guys statical info.

JPC needs to send me this stuff so i can test it for them. lol

ViciousJay

Established Member
No matter what 500 n/a is crazy thats great numbers for a ls motors but if you havent ever rode in a ls motor with that much power n/a they run pretty crappy at low rpm just cruising around, id bet this has way better low rpm manners. So im very impressed and excited for things to come with this new engine.

Yes spray is cheaper but this plus spray is faster LOL
Im spraying mine and its a blast but the fact of the matter is almost everyone gets butt hurt when u roll them on spray and always want a rematch n/a, when they have a damn pd blower or another power adder. So this would be great for a time like that. hell at 7k on spray im only making low 500s.

Now i just need to get my nova running so i can tear into the heads on this guy. lol and I will def be doing it myself to help ur guys statical info.

JPC needs to send me this stuff so i can test it for them. lol

what size do you have?

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Agreed. I'm excited to see what's in store. Question is, even if the engine can survive being spun that fast, can the stock ECU keep up? Just wondering how fast you can spin it before you need a stand alone system of some kind.

supposedly, the stock ecu is locked down at 7800. There isnt a way around it at this point, something about being hard coded to not go past that. So i'd guess they limited it there for that reason. Prolly just cant keep up

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
supposedly, the stock ecu is locked down at 7800. There isnt a way around it at this point, something about being hard coded to not go past that. So i'd guess they limited it there for that reason. Prolly just cant keep up

With todays computers its not an issue of not being able to keep up so much it is that the stock valvetrain/rotating assembly cant handle anymore than that.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
what size do you have?

running 100 plate, but im losing power due to clutch slippage we think. Cause it comes on strong a 3500-4k mid 500s and then just start falling off from there. stock clutch just wasnt designed to handle 600+ ft lbs of tq. hahaha You could smell it on the dyno and street. lol So i got a ram twin disc to put in, just waiting on my aluminum ds and shifter to arrive this week, so i can do it all at once. They were back ordered, but shipped now. Prolly this weekend, ill get it all in.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

I wonder this also. Variable cam timing, all the regular stuff plus high RPM can be very demanding on a processor.

I wonder if the BOSS PCM is limited the same way?

I also wonder if anyone has a link to that PCM RPM limitation information?

FIFTY

Established Member
DAMN, 500 n/a I would gladly pay for a set like this, and not have to worry about boosting a high compression motor!! And for the nitrous folks, yes its much cheaper, but that sh*t runs out....this wont:)

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
DAMN, 500 n/a I would gladly pay for a set like this, and not have to worry about boosting a high compression motor!! And for the nitrous folks, yes its much cheaper, but that sh*t runs out....this wont:)

Thats why i got a 15lber, takes a long time to run out! lol i can get alot of runs in before i even start worrying.

.8lbs= about 10secs on 100 shot.

So we will say 12 usable lbs in there= 150 secs of wot. even at 15 sec run you get 10. cant get but 5 runs at a normal test and tune night, id bet. And what self respecting nitrous junkie doesnt make sure his bottle is half or better before going out.

500 n/a and 600 on spray is the place to be, that gives u alot of wins, motor or not. Who would wanna stay n/a when u can get greedy and how so much more bwahahaha

burbank98lsc

Established Member
This is very impressive to have over 500rwhp out of a 5 liter engine.
For those that think 03-04 cobras are way cheaper and easier to modify they are right but most 03-04 Cobra owners that have their cars pullied,Blowers ported they cry like little babys " I lost the race because my blower was heat soaked" " I melted my pistons because I did highway pull in 5th gear" and 500rwhp NA is way better because no heat soak and you can spin it to the moon and not to wory about melting your pistons with good tune.

Last edited:

FIFTY

Established Member
Thats why i got a 15lber, takes a long time to run out! lol i can get alot of runs in before i even start worrying.

.8lbs= about 10secs on 100 shot.

So we will say 12 usable lbs in there= 150 secs of wot. even at 15 sec run you get 10. cant get but 5 runs at a normal test and tune night, id bet. And what self respecting nitrous junkie doesnt make sure his bottle is half or better before going out.

500 n/a and 600 on spray is the place to be, that gives u alot of wins, motor or not. Who would wanna stay n/a when u can get greedy and how so much more bwahahaha

Well what it really comes down to is preference, and everyone has there own I just prefer to have the power on tap, I know both set up's
will get into the high 10's low 11's regardless...isn't that what its about? Plus it kidda suck we are talking nitrous in this post when we should be giving props to JPC for making this monster:poke:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread