Josh Hamilton wants a 7 year 175 million contract.

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
i think someone will pay him over 100mil. in the 5 yr. range.

who, i dont know but its funny how some owner has extra money lying around.

he could sign with the mets and just suck like every FA that comes there. :lol:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
As someone who despises the MLB I vote for him coming to Boston. They love overpaying for guys on the decline. Carl Crawford, Beckett, Lackey, JD Drew, etc. Gonzales was overpaid, but he did produce his first year here and Dice K was a gamble that paid off one year. Ellsbury would be another one, but the talk is that he will be traded before that which is a good thing. He is always hurt and isn't a team guy. Of course the pink hats love him so the owners may try to keep him to fill the seats. I don't think they will resign him since he was always hurt and sucked when he wasn't.

They pay all those guys and then fight with Ortiz over his contract when he gives you the same year and in year out even when he has a slow start. You still get 30 homers and 100 RBI and around a .300 average.

If I was expected to pay 25 million/year for someone he better be in the top 2 for home runs, RBI, batting average and OBP. He also better be winning gold gloves or Cy Youngs in the field.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
As someone who despises the MLB I vote for him coming to Boston. They love overpaying for guys on the decline. Carl Crawford, Beckett, Lackey, JD Drew, etc. Gonzales was overpaid, but he did produce his first year here and Dice K was a gamble that paid off one year. Ellsbury would be another one, but the talk is that he will be traded before that which is a good thing. He is always hurt and isn't a team guy. Of course the pink hats love him so the owners may try to keep him to fill the seats. I don't think they will resign him since he was always hurt and sucked when he wasn't.

They pay all those guys and then fight with Ortiz over his contract when he gives you the same year and in year out even when he has a slow start. You still get 30 homers and 100 RBI and around a .300 average.

If I was expected to pay 25 million/year for someone he better be in the top 2 for home runs, RBI, batting average and OBP. He also better be winning gold gloves or Cy Youngs in the field.

I'm sorry I didn't know this was talk about how shitty the red sox players are thread. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread