Josh Hamilton wants a 7 year 175 million contract.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
25M/yr I can see for 3 years. Wouldn't pay him more than 15M/yr for 7 though. It'll be interesting to see what he ends up with. I just hope the Tigers don't have any interest in him at anywhere near that asking price and length.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
thats why I said 3 years 100 million. I would rather make him the highes paid player as I could see him being the best baseball player for the next three years. However Iwouldnt want him for a long term

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
thats why I said 3 years 100 million. I would rather make him the highes paid player as I could see him being the best baseball player for the next three years. However Iwouldnt want him for a long term

He is not worth 33.3 million a year... That is insane.

ctgreddy

Established Member
he'll probably get the contract. look at fielder, what was it 210 million for 9 years, and he did jack squat especially in the ws. He was ok during the season, what was it 40 something home runs which is good but not worth all that money imo.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
he'll probably get the contract. look at fielder, what was it 210 million for 9 years, and he did jack squat especially in the ws. He was ok during the season, what was it 40 something home runs which is good but not worth all that money imo.
Fielder also has his life together. Josh is still searching. He doesn't know how to cope with challenges, so he shuts himself down.

No team in their right mind would give a former alcoholic/drug addict a 7 years-$150M contract at the age of 32. He has had back problem, "vision problems", and mental problems.

I am a huge Josh Hamilton supporter, but he doesn't deserve what he thinks he does...

stangposse

Established Member
I liked Hamilton a lot. By him not giving the hometown discount to the team that gave him a chance will have me routing against him. All that doper needs is the pressure, in a new town, to live up to the big contract and he'll be shooting needles within the first month. Greedy bitch!

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member

He didn't even hit 40 HR. He hit .313, 30HR, 103 RBI, and got pitched around a lot because Delmon was such a POS during the season. He was one of the hardest hitters in the AL to strike out and also an incredibly clutch hitter, especially with 2 strikes. He is the reason why a dude won the Triple Crown for the first time since 1967.

Yeah he sucked in the playoffs, but he wasn't the only one. Was he worth the money? We'll only be able to tell after the contract is up.

We also know Detroit is a place where Fielder likes to be. That's always a good thing. I can see Hamilton as the type you have to worry about wanting out or washing out halfway through the contract. Fielder has his shit together off the field, Hamilton might as well but some would consider him a ticking time bomb.

Does Fielder deserve over $20M/yr? I don't know really, but I think he deserves more than Hamilton in a long term contract.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
He didn't even hit 40 HR. He hit .313, 30HR, 103 RBI, and got pitched around a lot because Delmon was such a POS during the season. He was one of the hardest hitters in the AL to strike out and also an incredibly clutch hitter, especially with 2 strikes. He is the reason why a dude won the Triple Crown for the first time since 1967.

Yeah he sucked in the playoffs, but he wasn't the only one. Was he worth the money? We'll only be able to tell after the contract is up.

We also know Detroit is a place where Fielder likes to be. That's always a good thing. I can see Hamilton as the type you have to worry about wanting out or washing out halfway through the contract. Fielder has his shit together off the field, Hamilton might as well but some would consider him a ticking time bomb.

Does Fielder deserve over $20M/yr? I don't know really, but I think he deserves more than Hamilton in a long term contract.
^^^This.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
He will never get it, as previously stated he is way to big of a risk.

Users who are viewing this thread