Jerry "The King" Lawler collapses during live event.

Dark02Pony

Established Member
WWE commentator Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler collapses ringside - NYPOST.com

WWE commentator and wrestling personality Jerry “The King” Lawler collapsed ringside during Monday night’s episode of Raw.

Lawler, who had just participated in a tag-team match alongside Randy Orton, reportedly collapsed at the announcer’s table and was taken away on a stretcher with his shirt ripped open. Lawler was backstage at the Centre Bell in Montreal receiving CPR.

“This is not part of the show,” a somber Michael Cole, Lawler’s commentator announced shortly before 10:30 p.m. EST.

Lawler was transported to a local area hospital where he was receiving oxygen and was breathing on his own, according to reports from Cole later on in the telecast. Additional details were not immediately available.

Cole’s original announcement preceded a commercial break and the announcer did not speak for a period of time when the show returned to the air.

"This is a real life situation," Cole said. "There is going to be no further commentary on this broadcast."

“I'm shaken by the news of my friend Jerry Lawler's medical emergency in Montreal. Hands shaking. Prayers for the King. I feel helpless,” Lawler’s longtime ringside partner Jim Ross tweeted on Monday night.

Lawler competed on Raw against Dolph Ziggler and WWE Champion CM Punk. The WWE Hall of Famer has been in wrestling for over 40 years and has won 168 championships in his storied career.

[email protected]

Read more: WWE commentator Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler collapses ringside - NYPOST.com

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm seeing A LOT of reports that he's dead. Then again, it is the Internet...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hope Lawler is okay. He is quite a wrestling icon. I'm thinking he should never have participated in that event, given his age and potentially his physical condition.

UPDATE: His son reports that "Jerry did have a heart attack…he is in stable condition and breathing on his own & heart is stable."

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I admit it does take a lot of strength balance stamina to preform in the WWE ie they are athletic but fohr the love of God the writing, acting line delivery the whole premise blows dick

Chersch74

4V FTW
Established Member
He hosted one of our safety banquets a few years ago. Had some time to talk to him, really nice an down to earth guy. Hope all is well.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Was watching the show, by the look on cole's face I knew it was not part of the script. Hope hes ok, the guy is a legend and funny as hell

Users who are viewing this thread