Jeep Wranglers......

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i would be VERY surprised to see a solid front axle and lockers front/rear. if it doesn’t have those things, it doesn’t compete

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'm skeptical it will have a solid front axle, but Ford could surprise us. Not too hard to design a solid front on a bof construction

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm skeptical it will have a solid front axle, but Ford could surprise us. Not too hard to design a solid front on a bof construction
hey i’d be first in line if they just went ahead and used the super duty axles...i just don’t see it happening

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Here are a couple of the last XJ I owned lol buddy in Utah owns it and continues to beat the hell out of it. View attachment 1436859View attachment 1436852View attachment 1436853View attachment 1436854

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I took my son to a 4x4 expo that was held at the local drag strip a couple of years ago and we both had a lot of fun. It was a pretty tame course for the Jeeps, but still fun for us. He brought it up again the other day because we went through some mud holes to park for football practice. He likes to stick his arm out the window while mud slings off of the truck.

This is the only pic from the 4x4 event. It seemed much more steep driving it then it looks in the picture.

Attach0_3.jpg

blubyu87gt

Established Member
It's going to be based on the Ford Everest.

This.

LOL, Dana 60s and 80s all around.

Will the diesel motor be an option? Can't imagine they'd put a 5.8 in it lol

What sucks (to me at least) is the way everything has a sensor, adjuster, or some sort of electronics that feed into the computer to make things happy. So it's not like an ol 4skinner where you could do an solid axle swap with a welder, some beer, and duct tape lol

I get it though. Most people want on road comfort over off road prowess. Last time I checked they were in business to make money. Hopefully they find the right balance though.

I took my son to a 4x4 expo that was held at the local drag strip a couple of years ago and we both had a lot of fun. It was a pretty tame course for the Jeeps, but still fun for us. He brought it up again the other day because we went through some mud holes to park for football practice. He likes to stick his arm out the window while mud slings off of the truck.

This is the only pic from the 4x4 event. It seemed much more steep driving it then it looks in the pic

Honestly tame stuff is generally the most fun. You can get more vehicles to come along, you're not taking a bag of hammers to your rig, and generally the kids or significant others aren't freaking out or swearing they will never come out again because they were pinching Mohawks in the seat the entire time.

The incline thing is funny. I always tell that to people looking at pics and vids that haven't don't anything off road, let alone steep climbs. It's way cool if they ever come out to see their reaction about how steep some of the stuff actually is in the cab of the vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
It didn't even look like much driving up to it. When we started going up and all you could see was the sky was when it set in. Then going down was just dirt.

venmos1

Established Member
im all in on the new bronco if it looks like those rendered drawings. ill take the 4x4 4 door. Realistically tho, what would Ford's angle be here? The edge is their small crossover, explorer is mid size and expedition is their large suv. Makes sense to be a competitor with the wrangler. The "offroad raptor edition" of the explorer if you will. Maybe with a little more cargo space than the explorer too.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
im all in on the new bronco if it looks like those rendered drawings. ill take the 4x4 4 door. Realistically tho, what would Ford's angle be here? The edge is their small crossover, explorer is mid size and expedition is their large suv. Makes sense to be a competitor with the wrangler. The "offroad raptor edition" of the explorer if you will. Maybe with a little more cargo space than the explorer too.

That's my problem with it being 4-door (other than tradition). It doesn't really slot in the lineup all that well.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
A 4 door Bronco and explorer would be akin to the 4runner/highlander at Toyota. They seem similar, but target vastly different audiences.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
I was always a big V8 fast car guy. Never ever thought I would own a jeep. Couple years ago I sold a couple of my four wheelers and was looking for a new toy to play off road. I had narrowed it down to either a sxs, bronco or jeep. Ended up in a TJ rubicon and have never looked back. I absolutely love the thing. I don't drive it on the street much but if you're into the outdoors, hunting fishing camping wheeling it can't be beat. You really can't beat a wrangler if you're goal is to go where no one else can. Plus doors and top off in the wood is tits. You can't do that in a bronco.

Users who are viewing this thread