Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk price released $86,995

jbs$

Established Member
On the CAFE standards, a better question is why do we need them to be so restrictive. They were created years ago during the gas crisis, now we are up to our collective asses in oil. This entire freedom grab needs to be re-thought.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Sudden brake master cylinder failure. Known issue on prior years but no recall on the 15 and up yet. Just ticks me off when you have a clear problem but ignore it on follow up years with the same exact part run. Dumps into the booster so no early warning; low fluid light came on and I had two brake applications before the pedal was on the floor with no brakes whatsoever.

Rotors are warped up front. I've seen a few posts about it. Guessing the brakes are a little weak for the vehicle. Granted mine is a LE vehicle so I occasionally run hard.

Now I've got an issue with the auto hubs up front being partially engaged while in 2wd. Guessing something to do with the vacuum modulated system; quick google shows lots of issues with that as well. Had similar issues with my prior work vehicle, 09 250.

Its a great truck and I'm lucky to have it, but again, I get frustrated with repeated problems on the same systems year after year.

Well that sucks. I'll have to keep an eye out.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Just priced an SRT fully loaded and it was a tick over 81k. The regular SRT starts at 66k. So i deduct that the Trackhawk starting at 86k could top 100k with the right options.

More power to Jeep for coming out with the craziest SUV of all time. I wonder if they will do it to the Durango?

MG0h3

Established Member
Well that sucks. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Ya def. on the brake master cylinder issue.

I'm in and out of 4X4 up to 10 times a shift so I'm not surprised issues pop up. Wish they would come with the hubs that can be manually placed in Auto/lock/unlock.

I'm frequently in fairly deep sand under heavy load at low speed and it's never skipped a beat or gotten hot. Doesn't like to get stuck either with the rear locking diff.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
On the CAFE standards, a better question is why do we need them to be so restrictive. They were created years ago during the gas crisis, now we are up to our collective asses in oil. This entire freedom grab needs to be re-thought.

Carbon Credits.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
for $87k i would buy a 2018 f150 supercrew xlt 4x4 with 5.0 and a 2018 mustang GT. Not knocking the trackhawk, just saying...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
All that and it can still pull a pontoon boat?? Plenty of ground clearance, too. I'd buy it.

@MG0h3; I can understand you being frustrated with Ford, but fussing about the quickest accelerating Mustang to date...

Nope! Both the '13/'14 GT500 and the GT350R can do the 0-60 sprint in 3.8 seconds.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Nope! Both the '13/'14 GT500 and the GT350R can do the 0-60 sprint in 3.8 seconds.

I meant more along the lines of a regular, everyday Mustang, but OK. Still, look at the price and power differences of those two compared to a standard GT. Not to mention I doubt many are actually pulling those kind of times with everyday tires.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
All that and it can still pull a pontoon boat?? Plenty of ground clearance, too. I'd buy it.
And still be able to drive it in the snow. Yeah, I'd buy one as well, if all numbers lined up in my favor. 707 HP/640TQ and that whine though,...... lol
0-60 in 3.5 seconds and quarter mile in the 11's in the 100MPH range. Top speed is 180MPH. A full sized Jeep Grand Cherokee. Nasty.
Order banks open today!

08mojo

Established Member
The hate is hilarious. It will destroy just about everything on the road. Even the Hellcats will have trouble beating it to 100

The SRT will embarrass a lot of people on the street, as you well I know. ;) I cannot imagine how many feelings will be hurt by the trackhawk.

verbal

Established Member
In the land of the high horsepower SUV world(500+hp club), it's actually a bargain. Land Rover has a SUV with 510hp, and it starts at 81k. For 5k more, you get almost 200 more horsepower.

The AMG/M/Cayenne competitors are way over 100k new.

Jeep not only has the fastest via 0-60 and the quartermile, but also the cheapest.

Obviously it's not for everyone, especially factoring in the price. But it will compete well for shoppers with disposable income who want a fast 5 seater truck.

Those brands are on an entirely different level of luxury features, fit & finish, etc. It is not really a fair comparison even with the Jeep's performance.

The 2019 X5M is rumored to be 600+ hp.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Those brands are on an entirely different level of luxury features, fit & finish, etc. It is not really a fair comparison even with the Jeep's performance.

The 2019 X5M is rumored to be 600+ hp.

Hence why the jeep is cheaper.

However, those are the vehicles/trims that get compared to the srt/trackhawk.
Been that way for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
What competes with it for less?

Any answer to your question will not suddenly make the price any less undesirable. $90k is a lot of money anyway you look at it especially for a non luxury domestic.

Around here we've had a few dealers selling used, very low mile (under 1K) hellcats for prices that surprised me because apparently these Dodge performance vehicles drop in value quite heavily.

Last edited:

coposrv

Established Member
What competes with it for less?

Nothing. As a Gearhead I think It's cool that dodge is building it but the price is just too much. I just don't see many people buying these things. Is it supposed to haul around the kids or hit the track? I'm not a fan of vehicles especially that try to do everything. I'd much rather keep it simple and affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread