Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk price released $86,995

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing. As a Gearhead I think It's cool that dodge is building it but the price is just too much. I just don't see many people buying these things. Is it supposed to haul around the kids or hit the track? I'm not a fan of vehicles especially that try to do everything. I'd much rather keep it simple and affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not both?
I don't see the uproar like this from fast 4 door cars?

You can haul the kids and still get stuff from home depot, go to the track and then haul a boat. All in one weekend from one vehicle.

Simple and affordable options are there. Just either aren't as fast, not a lot of creature comforts or aren't as practical.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I guess i must be getting because paying for a vehicle for the rest of my life doesn't seem as appealing as it used to

coposrv

Established Member
Why not both?
I don't see the uproar like this from fast 4 door cars?

The fast 4 door cars aren't very much bigger than the average performance car.

You can haul the kids and still get stuff from home depot, go to the track and then haul a boat. All in one weekend from one vehicle.

When cars are built to do all the above they often are mediocre at everything instead of very good at specific things.

Simple and affordable options are there. Just either aren't as fast, not a lot of creature comforts or aren't as practical

coposrv

Established Member
It's like a guy who works for my father. Bought a built diesel crew cab. It has a lift, makes 800 something horsepower on fuel only but smokes like a train and can't tow much when he does. Sure it's loaded up with options but it rides like ass. Yeah it's quick but honestly why. It's now;

not that fast, can't really tow anything, has nice interior but you get bounced around in the cab. It's utterly useless.

nickf2005

Established Member
Subprime auto loans are high interest loans to borrowers with shitty credit. The housing crash in '08 was largely due to defaults on subprime mortgages so that's the parallel he's drawing.

It's a pretty good parallel too... and just like the housing market was flooded with foreclosed houses, the auto market is going to get flooded with repo's when borrowers can't maintain the payment after even a small downturn in the economy. Dangerous game that borrowers are playing right now.

It makes me chuckle when I see people say, "Once I get X paid off, I'm going to trade in/up and get Y." I don't know about everyone else, but car payments are a ball buster and I'd rather not live with one forever.

Even with a $20k lower price tag, this SUV is still for (should be) the 1%. But, hey, that's still a potential of 1 million households buying it! :)

Jefe

Established Member
I just don't see many people buying these things.
I dont see any of these staying on dealer lots for long. SRT Jeep owners are selling or trading theirs in. Hellcat owners are putting deposits on them all over the country. Get on any mopar forum and you will see the excitement and orders being filled left and right

Is it supposed to haul around the kids or hit the track?
What is Both, Alex. :)

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
For sure, those will be under $50K easily. Approaching $40K in no time

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
For those discounting the luxury of the Trackhawk or JGCSRT have you actually been in one. They share a lot of DNA with the MB ML. The interiors that I've been in are leather(SRT) and have carbon fiber trim. It's a little out of my price range, but it is a cool vehicle.

Jefe

Established Member
Ya but the carbon fiber peels back if you leave the car out in the sun. Hopefully they fixed that issue. The interiors are really nice though.

2017-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-SRT-VLP-Interior-Seating-Interior-View-Leather-Seats-With-Perforated-Suede-Black.jpg.image.1440.jpg

srt8-dash.jpg

2017-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-SRT-VLP-Gallery-3.jpg.image.1440.jpg

This optional Trackhawk interior is interesting...

2018-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Trackhawk-interior-1.jpg

img730447930-1492020125186.jpg

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Ya but the carbon fiber peels back if you leave the car out in the sun. Hopefully they fixed that issue. The interiors are really nice though.

2017-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-SRT-VLP-Interior-Seating-Interior-View-Leather-Seats-With-Perforated-Suede-Black.jpg.image.1440.jpg

srt8-dash.jpg

2017-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-SRT-VLP-Gallery-3.jpg.image.1440.jpg

This optional Trackhawk interior is interesting...

2018-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Trackhawk-interior-1.jpg

img730447930-1492020125186.jpg

As does the wood grain on Ecoupes and verts.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Even with a $20k lower price tag, this SUV is still for (should be) the 1%. But, hey, that's still a potential of 1 million households buying it! :)
Lol wut? I'm not even remotely close to being in the 1% and it being $66K would be easily attainable. Hell I could scournge enough for it to be affordable at $100K with TTL. It's all about perspective.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
SRT-8 with a blower = as fast or quicker for $30k less...and much less depreciation over the next 5 years.

The opportunity cost of the TH is huge.

MG0h3

Established Member
SRT-8 with a blower = as fast or quicker for $30k less...and much less depreciation over the next 5 years.

The opportunity cost of the TH is huge.

I don't know much about the internals of either but will the SRT-8 motor handle 900-100whp like the hellcat motor will? Pretty sure Zemedici has said its like 4-5k in bolt ons and a tune to get there.

Just curious really. Cool trucks but not in the market for either. Can only imagine what the cost would be to twist up the t-case and axles on one of those.

Jefe

Established Member
The guys that build 6.4s to run 10psi+ have $30k+ in their setups. A few have $50K+ because trans tuning wasn't cracked for the longest time and they were blowing up and needed to start over

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It's like a guy who works for my father. Bought a built diesel crew cab. It has a lift, makes 800 something horsepower on fuel only but smokes like a train and can't tow much when he does. Sure it's loaded up with options but it rides like ass. Yeah it's quick but honestly why. It's now; not that fast, can't really tow anything, has nice interior but you get bounced around in the cab. It's utterly useless.
Totally useless comparison. The truck you talk about is useless.
The Jeep Trackhawk can go to the grocery store while pulling a a boat, with a family of 4 sitting comfortably inside in a snow storm. (Why anyone would be out in a snowstorm or pulling a boat in a snowstorm is beyond me. LOL But, it can be done with the Trackhawk.)
Oh yeahhhhh,..........plus it will pull on most vehicles on the road today. Rolling or from a stop light. Or the drag strip.

nickf2005

Established Member
Lol wut? I'm not even remotely close to being in the 1% and it being $66K would be easily attainable. Hell I could scournge enough for it to be affordable at $100K with TTL. It's all about perspective.
I won't go into it as it's not the point of this thread. Don't want to hijack.

Users who are viewing this thread