JAYVEE's 2012 Mustang GT 5.0 Build & Mods thread

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
How does it sound? :banana:

^^ Yes! The people respectfully request a video.

Till then, from the front... The intake sounds sick! Taking off at normal traffic flow you can literally hear the suction of the massive air flow through this REVAUTO CAI, SCJ & CJ intake. Sai and I kid and say it sounds like it can suck in small children and pets. As for over all with exhaust note, MEAN! Although my exhaust note was nice anyways with the MagnaFlow Street/LTH/ORX just seems to be slightly more deeper in tone and louder muscle wot. That is the best as I can explain it til I can whip something together with a phone vid ;)

Last edited:

AOD86GT

Established Member
I like what you did to your coyote 5.0. Can't wait to see new vids and track time of your new set up.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I like what you did to your coyote 5.0. Can't wait to see new vids and track time of your new set up.

Thanks Dude.

Just bought my ATI Harmonic Balancer. Lil by Lil... I will make a track run(s) sooner or later. Right now, just trying to make it perfect & sound.

matt5058

Established Member
Just went through this whole thread and wanted to say thanks for sharing your modding experiences and photos. As an owner of a Black 5.0 that's mostly stock, I love going through threads like this to gain knowledge and ideas on how to move forward. Awesome car. Cheers.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
so what clutch are you running to shift that high??? The stock one locks me out past 7200...

I never had a problem before shifting at 72-7500 when I had the BOSS set up seen in this thread. And I am still not making any horsepower to require the clutch upgrade as of yet. Stock clutch from what I understand, will hold above 500+ - 600hp. What you may experiencing is the FAMOUS MT82 twist that locks you out since the shift is a linkage and not built on top of the tranny housing. I also had the issue every single time from 1-2 or 2-3. There are several lil mods to dress up the MT82 that really helps. ENERGY SUSPENSION shifter bushing, WHITELINE transmission mount bushing and a SS clutch line. I personally bought a McLeod but I am sure other name brands will do. Hope this helps.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Just went through this whole thread and wanted to say thanks for sharing your modding experiences and photos. As an owner of a Black 5.0 that's mostly stock, I love going through threads like this to gain knowledge and ideas on how to move forward. Awesome car. Cheers.

I can only wish you the best and hope things comes a lot easier than they did for me. Any help? Let me know. I have gone through the ringer and have lots of experiences to share... and recommendations. :D

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
I never had a problem before shifting at 72-7500 when I had the BOSS set up seen in this thread. And I am still not making any horsepower to require the clutch upgrade as of yet. Stock clutch from what I understand, will hold above 500+ - 600hp. What you may experiencing is the FAMOUS MT82 twist that locks you out since the shift is a linkage and not built on top of the tranny housing. I also had the issue every single time from 1-2 or 2-3. There are several lil mods to dress up the MT82 that really helps. ENERGY SUSPENSION shifter bushing, WHITELINE transmission mount bushing and a SS clutch line. I personally bought a McLeod but I am sure other name brands will do. Hope this helps.

Not the problem for me as I have the MGW, Blowfish Bracket and upgraded clutch line. Definitely the clutch for me.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
BampW_zps31cbcb58.jpg

4be13663-5f20-4576-807c-42cdb0307786_zps9e1da54d.jpg

db4cf7a5-d716-4c0a-9919-1090c9b893a1_zps8ae22617.jpg

ATIinstalling_zps1e4dc322.jpg

ATIinstalled_zps05917208.jpg

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Thanks man. I just dropped her off with member: Smm for a full paint detail from sitting a couple months when the motor was blown she has a bunch of crap on the paint as well what is assumed to be over spray when It sitting at a buds paint shop located right outside of the track when the engine blew up waiting for me to come for her up and trailer it to Racing Integration for the build. Can't wait to get her back all wet lookin

Users who are viewing this thread