JAYVEE's 2012 Mustang GT 5.0 Build & Mods thread

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
After weeks of a long ordeal with the white 2011 Mustang GT I had for a short lived 30 days due to undisclosed damages or just flat out not being honest at a dealer... I moved on and found my DREAM car in TEXAS. Arriving just last Sunday, I have been itching BAD!

Well, the fun officially started yesterday. Finally got with my Buddy Gabe from TCTOYZ and we both went at it installing the BMR lower Control Arms, BMR Adj. Panhard Bar and BMR Lowering Springs 1.0F/1.25R. So far these are my very first mods or upgrades. The car was obviously purchased used and came with AIRAID Cold Air Intake, BBK 85mm Throttle Body, MagnaFlow Exhaust and SCT "Bama" Tune. I will (hopefully today) removing the AIRAID in place of my NEW JLT CAI and at the same time install my JLT Oil Separator Kit. If time permits, I will be installing my BOSS 302 front fascia/lip with BOSS 302 splitter.

At a later date comes the JBA (Titanium Coated) Long Tube Headers & JBA 3in Off Road cat-less X Pipe and back up top. finished off with a BOSS 302 Intake Manifold.... Things about to real up in this joint! :x Finally, to bring everything together and play nice with one another, I will be removing the SCT "Bama" tune returning to stock for later in place of a AED SCT mail order data logged tune or a Custom Tune by our local own, COLLIN @ RACING INTEGRATION.

Here are the stock pics...

While it was still in TEXAS/FOR SALE AD
e7b648a8-cc35-4455-92ba-e4bb9f5b7a50_zps54a54688.png

The morning she arrived
get-attachment14_zps27ed20d0.jpg

get-attachment16_zps9fdfe331.jpg

get-attachment15_zpsb9ce13d4.jpg

Yesterdays progress ~ THE PARTS!
get-attachment20_zps5cbb97ee.jpg

Getting at it!
get-attachment21_zpsc4005ac9.jpg

get-attachment22_zpsbf54168f.jpg

get-attachment25_zps610bd1d1.jpg

get-attachment23_zpsb2d7b2b9.jpg

get-attachment26_zpsfe9e18ed.jpg

and the FINALE'
get-attachment19_zpsa82a2902.jpg

get-attachment28_zpsb0fc8bb5.jpg

...and a quick BEFORE AND AFTER comparison together
get-attachment16_zps9fdfe331.jpg

get-attachment28_zpsb0fc8bb5.jpg

N20D5OH

Established Member
Very nice. I have BMR springs sitting in my garage. I need to get them on eventually. I'm sure I'll see you around at some point.

Baysixx

Established Member
I've heard Jlt is the worst functioning intake and araid is the best when comparing the opening size that connects to the throttle body. I think I read that the Jlt opening is smaller than the stock airbox. But either way clean looking car!

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I've heard Jlt is the worst functioning intake and araid is the best when comparing the opening size that connects to the throttle body. I think I read that the Jlt opening is smaller than the stock airbox. But either way clean looking car!

You should keep the airaid. The airaid will be better for the hot texas summers too. It is the better of the two intakes. You are just wasting money putting the jlt thing on.

Thanks to ALL...More to come as we speak! As for JLT vs AIRAID, I sold the AIRAID to a member here which is why I removed it in place of my already purchased NEW JLT...and I also read some similar articles but when the BOSS 302 Manifold is installed, the JLT was better. And that is the route I am going within the next week or 2, just waiting on some credit to clear with AMERICAN MUSCLE. ;) If it was NOT for the LTH + X PIPE + BOSS 302 Intake Manifold, I would have easily kept the AIRAID. (I could be wrong...But doubt it) And last, regarding the JLT oil catch kit... Its just one of those things...Oh well, we all have the 1 part many will say it does nothing. Maybe one day I will remove it. Until then, its cool.

TODAYS WORK ~ Adj PHB some more, Zip tie brake lines to LCA assembly since my LCA did not come with the zip ties they were suppose to, Install 6K HIDs, Install JLT CAI & OIL Catch Can Kit...and maybe the BOSS 302 front fascia lip.

Last edited:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Doesn't the AIRAID have a larger inside diameter than the JLT?

I personally don't see how when compared side by side today when I removed the kit. The JLT was definitely bigger for the majority of the entire tube and just about equal (by eye) up to the end that connects to the TB. In my application, I will need the bigger on even if its by a hair. Thanks

Very nice. Looks great. BMR FTW.

Thanks Vettehunter... I agree, BMR for the win! ...Even more so after finding out they are just minutes away in Sefner, Fl. :rockon:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Not that it matters...But touching on what was brought up above by some members...Yes I have seen some sites and claims AIRAID is better the JLT or vices Aversa, I have also seen dyno # placing STEEDA #1 JLT#2 AIRAID #3...By practically single #s between one to the next. In my personal research and feel between the 2 is JLT has a straight tube while AIRAID has 2 indentions inward on the tube that would only make sense to bounce or distract the free flow of air. Now does it, prolly not... But that was just another observation I noticed in my close observation only by eye. And after removing the AIRAID and installing the JLT, man! Is there some serious suck-tion! A whistle of air rushes in through the intake system when the throttle is engaged. Some ppl like that and some say its to noisy. I personally like to know my parts are working, even if I hear em working... That's all on that subject. Its really here nor there and each to his own all in the end. JLT hasn't sold millions because they are in the back of the pack homies ;) Supporting MODS & Tune are key in the end.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
More work today...gotta save the lip for tomorrow. The sun feel too soon on me. I did install 6k HIDs, as mentioned above removed the AIRAID in place of the JLT, JLT catch can, final adj to the PHB, and started the removal of the stock front fascia. Tomorrow I will get that last lil booger screw in the top corners of the fascia and bumper and install the BOSS 302 fascia.

few pics
get-attachment35_zps20d520f5.jpg

get-attachment34_zps7e32aa84.jpg

get-attachment32_zpsd8f5e378.jpg

get-attachment33_zpsb8be7465.jpg

get-attachment29_zpscf025099.jpg

get-attachment30_zps93ec7735.jpg

OneSlowV

Established Member
Looks great man. If you wont the best CAI Steeda is the only way to go. Also get a UCA from BMR if you haven't already you will have no wheel hop after that.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Sold my JLT as it would never stay attached to the Boss IM. I must have blown that thing off 6-8 times in the few months of owning it.

had the sleeve for the Boss IM and everything. Fitment with the Boss IM is awful. I would tighten it down to the point I was afraid I'd crack the intake tube.

Just FYI OP.

I will be going with an Airraid when I hit the point of wanting any kind of CAI again.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Sold my JLT as it would never stay attached to the Boss IM. I must have blown that thing off 6-8 times in the few months of owning it.

had the sleeve for the Boss IM and everything. Fitment with the Boss IM is awful. I would tighten it down to the point I was afraid I'd crack the intake tube.

Just FYI OP.

I will be going with an Airraid when I hit the point of wanting any kind of CAI again.

Looks great man. If you wont the best CAI Steeda is the only way to go. Also get a UCA from BMR if you haven't already you will have no wheel hop after that.

Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread