Jay Leno's Ford GT

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
The argument you could use against this, you can use it against McLaren, the McLaren should have been a V12. No one complains that it's not, so why complain about this not having a V8.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The argument you could use against this, you can use it against McLaren, the McLaren should have been a V12. No one complains that it's not, so why complain about this not having a V8.
The only people complaining cannot even afford the new GT. Also, you'd have to get allotted one to get it.

Hopefully Ben gets allotted one (I read that they are making more?), he'll be driving that thing all over the world which is what he already does in multiple Ferraris.

We live vicariously through you Mr. Treynor!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The only people complaining cannot even afford the new GT. Also, you'd have to get allotted one to get it.

Hopefully Ben gets allotted one (I read that they are making more?), he'll be driving that thing all over the world which is what he already does in multiple Ferraris.

We live vicariously through you Mr. Treynor!

They're making 750. They had almost 8,000 applicants. All 750 allocations were passed out.

I have heard rumor of a 'hardcore' version... but so far that's just rumor as far as I know.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
There is a "competition" package. Strips sync, ac, extensive use of TI hardware, lexan rear glass w manual latch, CF wheels, light fabrics, and other bits, like red shift paddles. Another distinct item is a single stripe, that is the exposed body CF. I really wanted to go this route, but no ac was a deal breaker, especially as the car is so slick in the air, there is not much air movement when the windows are open.

I liked Mr Leno's review and impressions of the car. He consistently compared it to my favorite car of all time the F1, which cost twice what the GT does, but nearly 20 years ago. That's good company.

I have heard rumor of a 'hardcore' version... but so far that's just rumor as far as I know.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
There is a "competition" package. Strips sync, ac, extensive use of TI hardware, lexan rear glass w manual latch, CF wheels, light fabrics, and other bits, like red shift paddles. Another distinct item is a single stripe, that is the exposed body CF. I really wanted to go this route, but no ac was a deal breaker, especially as the car is so slick in the air, there is not much air movement when the windows are open.

I liked Mr Leno's review and impressions of the car. He consistently compared it to my favorite car of all time the F1, which cost twice what the GT does, but nearly 20 years ago. That's good company.

Correct! When you are on the online configurator , select the "Series" button and you'll see the competition option. So you're getting a Ford GT?

Edit: Not my first choice, but I don't mind the color Leno picked.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Correct, but I believe those allocations were taken into the original 750.

I don't think they have formerly announced making any past that?

colin450

Established Member
I haven't seen one with the stripes that I really liked. BUT, I don't care what color it is I'd drive a tie-dye Ford GT if I could afford one.

Users who are viewing this thread