JAVA update message

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Keep getting a update java message button to click on. My java is up to date...not willing to click on it and I just close the browser down. Only does it for this site.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ran a full scan, only cookies detected. Shut down and brought back up. Issue hasn't come back.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
So far it always happens in my Inbox when trying to read a pm or after I replied or when navigating away from Inbox to my Settings page.

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
google chrome. I googled it and its coming up under us.ads.openx.net and the java update comes up as nanning.weiwu technologies.net instead of oracle like it should. it shuts down google to where you have to close it down. been going on for 2 days now.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'm getting it too. Checked my add ons, programs and ran a full scan using Kaspersky and got nothing.

I am using Firefox.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Same here. Was getting it all day yesterday and today using IE. Just got it again and can't get rid of it. Won't let you ignore it. The Java message asks for you to download and update from downrapid.com. I'm not getting it with Firefox, however.

greyhk2

Established Member
Was getting this too on this site. It would repeatedly download a setup.exe file that I would continue to delete.I had to stop all java scripts to stop it. Had to do with a banner ad that would appear at the bottom of the page.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
This issue it THOROUGHLY ANNOYING! While disabling Java will probably "fix" the problem, it will probably prevent other (desirable) features from running correctly. Since the popup appears to be from an Asian web site (69.162.91.234) and only recently appeared and seems to affect only this site, what about really fixing the problem by REMOVING THE OFFENDING BANNER AD from this site...?

Carbon Driven

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread