Janderson Heads killed it on my new heads

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I've got to hand it to Jason Anderson at Janderson Heads. A few years ago I brought him a set of heads that were previously ported by a buddy way back in '06. Jason worked his magic on em and made some huge gains and with those heads I've been able to achieve some impressive power from a little tiny cube 4.6 engine. With a turbo/intercooler upgrade and the head work, we picked up about 250whp which is very impressive to make 1600 from 4v mod motor.

Fast forward to today, I've been working on a plan to have a complete backup longblock that's taken a long time to get going. I brought another set of heads to Jason that he was able to start from scratch with and man o man, he was able to make some impressive gains over my current heads I'm running. Massive gains all the way through on the intake side and large gains on the low lift exhaust flow numbers. New seats, guides, Manley +1mm valves, BTR springs, new valve seals, retainers and keepers. These will become the primary heads for sure when the time comes. In other good news, my brother's shop almost has my new bullet finished up. No more being down for a year or two when something bad happens.

Below are some pics and all the flow numbers compared to the heads I am running today.

I know I am going to get asked, what does this all cost? A lot and unique for each situation! Price depends on the work he is doing and what parts are going in. The costs go up when doing new seats, guides etc. Bottom line, no matter who does your cylinder head work like this it's going to be expensive. Expect to spend north of $3k

Dlowfvn.jpgEqQYV5A.jpgUnbebPq.jpgAU1wdKa.jpgBAR6Xff.jpg
sEHwWDY.jpg
O2CO2Sd.jpg
AcrocgF.jpg
n6wm1KC.jpg

phil a

Established Member
Holy shit, you're at almost 260cfm by 0.300" lift??
Amazing for that head and tiny (though +1mm!) valves
Beautiful work

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Holy shit, you're at almost 260cfm by 0.300" lift??
Amazing for that head and tiny (though +1mm!) valves
Beautiful work
Yeah some impressive numbers no doubt. I'm hoping the current engine stays together for another good long while before these go on. But these should hopefully mean more power with less boost.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
That’s beyond impressive!
I may have to pm you soon regarding your brothers shop that is if he’s tacking on new customers? I am more than likely going to reach out to Janderson heads as well. I have a brand new set of FRPP cnc ported heads he can work his magic on so I can finally get my new motor finished and back in my Cobra!

Great things you’ve done and accomplished with the 4.6 and the 03-04 Cobras!

Ken

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's some serious power on the current set of heads. Even if you make near the same power with the new set, making that power at lower boost is a win. Awesome!

01yellercobra

Established Member
I thought going oversize wasn't worth it on the stock bore 4.6? Or do you have a big bore in the works? I wouldn't think so with your power levels.

01yellercobra

Established Member
What I saw was the valves were already close to the cylinder wall. The oversized valves just put it closer to the wall and shrouded it more.

No personal experience. Just wondering so I'm armed with a little more knowledge when the time comes to have my heads done.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
That’s beyond impressive!
I may have to pm you soon regarding your brothers shop that is if he’s tacking on new customers? I am more than likely going to reach out to Janderson heads as well. I have a brand new set of FRPP cnc ported heads he can work his magic on so I can finally get my new motor finished and back in my Cobra!

Great things you’ve done and accomplished with the 4.6 and the 03-04 Cobras!

Ken
Thanks Ken! You can call my brother direct at the shop. His name is Jonny and he answers the phone 720-201-1834. I don't know what you're looking to have done, but you can call and talk to him about it and see if they can help you!

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I thought going oversize wasn't worth it on the stock bore 4.6? Or do you have a big bore in the works? I wouldn't think so with your power levels.
I did a Modular Performance big bore about 15-16 years ago. It cracked a sleeve before it came off the dyno so that experiment failed and now I keep things as simple as possible with a stockish sized bore. As for valve sizes, +1mm does not make that huge of a difference. Here is the thing though, with the power I am making I am not running stock valves. If I am replacing valves, I might as well go larger because the price is the same. Also, you need to replace all the exhaust seats for sure so at that point go larger valves. Bottom line, with as much boost as I am pushing, 'shrouding' of the valves is not of any concern to me anyway. When you are doing a maximum effort build, all the little things matter. In this case, trying to get as much air moving as fast as possible is what we're looking to do. I would spend money on cylinder heads over a big bore 10 out of 10 times.

Users who are viewing this thread