James Gunn fired

blk02edge

Established Member
One was jokes while the other was stories. I’m not taking a side on the outcomes, but on the fact that neither should have an effect on the person today. But again Disney hired Gunn knowing about the tweets.

It’s akin to telling a chick you’ve banged 300 sluts with multiple 3-ways, her being cool with it, and getting married. Only 10 years down the line, you’re now somehow a pig and she wants a divorce.

Coincendantly we hired Trump knowing he is a womanizer. So why is there a problem now?

I guess really I’m just not a fan of past transgressions being a reason in the present to **** with someone. Again granted that a crime wasn’t committed. Kevin Spacey can go **** himself sideways with an HIV riddled cactus adorned in poison ivy.
My point was liberals wanted trump impeached over old tweet, same liberals say gunn is a good man and should have his job back over old tweets.... My opinion of what happens to gunn is irrelevant, just my personal stance.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
My point was liberals wanted trump impeached over old tweet, same liberals say gunn is a good man and should have his job back over old tweets.... My opinion of what happens to gunn is irrelevant, just my personal stance.
That’s a pretty broad stroke of the pen. Disney is super liberal...and they’re the ones that canned him. Being ok with this tit for tat is destroying our society. What happened to the principled person?

blk02edge

Established Member
That’s a pretty broad stroke of the pen. Disney is super liberal...and they’re the ones that canned him. Being ok with this tit for tat is destroying our society. What happened to the principled person?
Hollywood is up in arms trying to defend him..

M240Bravo

Established Member

In for how this tat has been destroying our society.

Stanger00

Established Member
One was jokes while the other was stories. I’m not taking a side on the outcomes, but on the fact that neither should have an effect on the person today. But again Disney hired Gunn knowing about the tweets.

Gunn is 51 and those tweets took place between 8-10 years ago. Clearly, he is not a changed man. He is some creepy dude that still has a sick sense of humor that has come full circle.

Now, if this were a man in their early mid 30s and made these jokes in their late teens or early 20's there is probably some recourse of being an immature adolescent.

Still stand by my judgement of Disney and them knowing the dude is a sick perv but took the risk anyway. It paid them well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
****ing love it. The left started this shit, took down Roseanne due to a tweet that they didnt understand and labeled as racist. Now its coming back to bite them in the ass. None of this would have happened if Gunn wasnt such an outspoken anti-Trumper and hardcore lib, but maybe if you have skeletons in your closet, you should try to keep a low profile. Put yourself out there, and people will look through your shit to discredit you, its a pretty typical tactic.

Its why I could never run for any political office, though id never run on a platform that I claim myself or my past as pure or holier than thou. There's a war out there people, and its being fought through the media.

Just waiting for asshats like Colbert or Kimmel to be next up....

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
In for how this tat has been destroying our society.
Just look at this thread. No one cares about right or wrong only about "their side".
Gunn is 51 and those tweets took place between 8-10 years ago. Clearly, he is not a changed man. He is some creepy dude that still has a sick sense of humor that has come full circle.

Now, if this were a man in their early mid 30s and made these jokes in their late teens or early 20's there is probably some recourse of being an immature adolescent.

Still stand by my judgement of Disney and them knowing the dude is a sick perv but took the risk anyway. It paid them well.

LoL what? People change their minds, opinion, feels, etc all the time regardless of age.

Stanger00

Established Member
LoL what? People change their minds, opinion, feels, etc all the time regardless of age.

Wat!

The moral fiber of this guy doesn't allow him to change his mind or opinion because he admits that he can't and will always be this person, shock and provocation "comedian".

You make it sound like he is at a drive-thru changing his mind on the soda he wants or if he wants medium or large, haha. Really!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Wat!

The moral fiber of this guy doesn't allow him to change his mind or opinion because he admits that he can't and will always be this person, shock and provocation "comedian".

You make it sound like he is at a drive-thru changing his mind on the soda he wants or if he wants medium or large, haha. Really!

Where did he say he can't change his mind? Your assertion that a 30 year old can change their moral compass but a 50 year old can't is silly.

Stanger00

Established Member

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok, so............ nothing. Got it.
You’re being willfully ignorant if you can’t see that people are joyous that “it’s happening to the left finally” as opposed to having a critical mind and seeing it happening to either side is wrong.

Before you go sideways...I thought people taking Trump to task over the “locker room” talk was equally as stupid. Thinking the ends justify the means is wholly un-American.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
**** Disney anyways. Gunn was a 45 year old grown ass man saying that stuff not some little immature kid. Not only that, those tweets weren't ancient history when they hired him for GOTG, they were just a year old. Looks more like he "changed his ways" because he got a big ass gig not because he had a change of heart.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
**** Disney anyways. Gunn was a 45 year old grown ass man saying that stuff not some little immature kid. Not only that, those tweets weren't ancient history when they hired him for GOTG, they were just a year old. Looks more like he "changed his ways" because he got a big ass gig not because he had a change of heart.
But he did “change his ways”. That counts for nothing? I don’t know about you, but if I was running around in a group that made ****ed up jokes and someone offered me millions of dollars to run in a different group that didn’t, I’d change my ways quick as ****.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
But he did “change his ways”. That counts for nothing? I don’t know about you, but if I was running around in a group that made ****ed up jokes and someone offered me millions of dollars to run in a different group that didn’t, I’d change my ways quick as ****.

I'm talking about how he truly feels and who he truly is not about stopping tweeting.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
You’re being willfully ignorant if you can’t see that people are joyous that “it’s happening to the left finally” as opposed to having a critical mind and seeing it happening to either side is wrong.

WTF man, are you invested personally or something with this asshole? We’re not willfully ignorant, the vast majority of us have been collectively moaning over the direction the left has taken and the depths they’ve sunk to in search of conservative destruction. Now we’re happy to let this mechanism of destruction hopefully be the cause of their own downfall. Now it’s suddenly “wrong” if we step back and watch? I believe that critical thinking of which you speak is common sense and not stepping in another man’s pile of shit.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm talking about how he truly feels and who he truly is not about stopping tweeting.
You gathered how he truly feels based on some tweets? That’s just crazy. Apply your thought process to Trump (who I am happy to call President), he is a sexual assualter in your thought process.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You gathered how he truly feels based on some tweets? That’s just crazy. Apply your thought process to Trump (who I am happy to call President), he is a sexual assualter in your thought process.

I have a twisted sense of humor and enjoy a sick joke as much as anyone, but a lot of crap he posted didn't read as jokes. There wasn't any joke to it. Just sick statements.

Users who are viewing this thread