Jackpoint Jack Stands

imeyers302

Established Member
Like many other people on the site I was perplexed where to put jack stands to work on the car. Jack from pumpkin, don't jack from pumpkin, put stands here, don't put them there. Use wood, don't use wood. Also whenever I used jack stands on previous cars they always seemed to get in the way. I saw these on an episode of Jay Lenos garage and knew they were the answer. Jackpoint Jack Stands. Consists of a disc and collar. Disc goes on Floor jack. The disc fits onto the pinch weld at the factory jacking points. Lift car up, slide collar around jack and lower disc onto collar. Car is on the stands and 100% secure. Much more so than regular jack stands. At $299 they are real expensive but after using them are worth every penny. They are a solid casting unlike regular jack stands.

I know there will be a ton of people going $299 for jack stands are you crazy. Check them out on youtube. Watch them on Jay Lenos garage. After using them I can say they are worth every penny. Will be getting a 2nd set so I can get entire car off the ground. Also just a note for people that have it, these clear the boss side pipes no problem.

http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/

http://shop.jackpointjackstands.com/

image hosting

how to do a screenshot on a pc

adult image

Last edited:

imeyers302

Established Member
Not very height adjustable, is it?
I often need the car much higher off the ground than that.

They get the car about as high or slightly higher as a normal set of stands under the rear axle. Unlike the other jack stands though you can buy extension discs which stack on top and get car even higher if you want. Just shoed them to two of my neighbors who are car nuts. One with a 13 5.0. Both are ordering them immediately. Even when just changing a tire, just put disc on floor jack and jack car up from factory jack point.

Last edited:

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
One reason they are likely so expensive is the liability insurance coverage you'd need making a product like that, my company makes tools and jack stands are the highest liability item we make.

hand-filer

Established Member
Those look good but I like wood.

IMG_1485.JPG

kbmag1

Established Member
Saw something similar called magnetic magic pads. The magnet holds to the car, can use with a jack and stands.

Angry50

Established Member
these look nice but just too expensive you cant custom make something for this price i just jack mine up and set it on ramps. you can also get race ramps for the price. if you need to remove wheels these might help in the front but the axle works fine for me in the rear

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I think I might go for the XL version. There doesn't seem to be a huge difference between it an the regular BL-5000 though. I need to do some more research I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread