Jackpoint Jack Stands

BlueCoyote

Established Member
No way I'm gonna support my car from the pinch weld with that contraption.

Edit: referring to the BL-5000 Quick Jack or the pinch weld jack stand the OP posted. The guy with the wood under the wheels has it right. I dont even use the crappy $20-$30 a set jack stands (crap is made in china) under the axle.....makes me nervous just thinking about that.

Last edited:

imeyers302

Established Member
No way I'm gonna support my car from the pinch weld with that contraption.

Edit: referring to the BL-5000 Quick Jack or the pinch weld jack stand the OP posted. The guy with the wood under the wheels has it right. I dont even use the crappy $20-$30 a set jack stands (crap is made in china) under the axle.....makes me nervous just thinking about that.

Why not? Those are the factory recommended lift/jack points. If you need to take wheels off those wood stands are not much good. Used the stands a few times this week to work on car. They are awesome. Super stable. What do you think is going to happen to the pinch weld?

hand-filer

Established Member
Those are the factory lift points for the factory jack for those that are unfortunate enough to get a flat tire on the road.
When I'm on my back replacing transmissions I'm not going to rely on cast aluminum/magnesium stands that are open ended or like the other poster mentioned, some cheap foreign made jack stands. When I do wheel work I use a floor jack and place jack stands under the axle.
I don't like the idea of resting the weight of the vehicle on the pinch weld flange and disturbing the paint finish which happens to be the first defense against corrosion. I'm anal that way and proud of it.

I can appreciate the practicality of these stands but they don't' fit the bill for all of us.

imeyers302

Established Member
Those are the factory lift points for the factory jack for those that are unfortunate enough to get a flat tire on the road.
When I'm on my back replacing transmissions I'm not going to rely on cast aluminum/magnesium stands that are open ended or like the other poster mentioned, some cheap foreign made jack stands. When I do wheel work I use a floor jack and place jack stands under the axle.
I don't like the idea of resting the weight of the vehicle on the pinch weld flange and disturbing the paint finish which happens to be the first defense against corrosion. I'm anal that way and proud of it.

I can appreciate the practicality of these stands but they don't' fit the bill for all of us.

https://m.facebook.com/jackpointjackstands?refsrc=http://www.google.com/url&_rdr

I understand that they are not for everyone. Most things aren't. However I feel trying to say its safer under a car with normal jack stands than with these does not hold water. The bases for these are so stable that one the car is on them it is not going anywhere if you tried. Not speaking from opinion but fact being I have used both now. A normal set of 2 or 3 ton jack stands will fail long before these. I will take a solid one piece cast over welds any day. But that's just me.

image hosting websites

image upload no resize

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread