Its just a car

2kmelat

Established Member
I went to see my new truck today, and look what I saw in the snow. I ask the owner what is that sitting outside for, and he said its just a car.

moto_0093-1.jpg

howie8124

Established Member
Well he wasn't lying to you, it is just a car. It just happens to be a real nice car that shouldn't be outside in the snow. :bash:

2kmelat

Established Member
Ya an 07 with only 3000 mile the guy traded it in on an 10. I know the guy and the car has never been beat. It was a trailer queen.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
im guessing you guys in snow have never seen under your cars. snow rust the under of your car pretty fast. in 5 yrs of snow it will start rusting an taking off the paint or coding on the under body. every car ive seen that came from the east cost that wasn't garaged during the winter looked like shit on the under body

rdsnk46

Established Member
im guessing you guys in snow have never seen under your cars. snow rust the under of your car pretty fast. in 5 yrs of snow it will start rusting an taking off the paint or coding on the under body. every car ive seen that came from the east cost that wasn't garaged during the winter looked like shit on the under body

LOL!!!

It's not the snow.....it's the salt they lay down to melt the snow the causes the rust to form.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Some guys drive them everyday, some guys rarely drive them, and some guys never drive them.

I don't see the problem.

svt1111

Established Member
Well I noticed it still has stock springs in back so maybe the owner is going to install tire chains like Ford had anticipated owners doing in providing such a huge gap between the height of the tire and the rear quarter of all S197 Mustangs. Ughh...

matt87

Established Member
that snow is not coming here, not yet anyways. salt with moisture does more harm than you know.

Seahorse

Established Member
That pic had me doing a double take - saw the exact same model (coupe, colour, stripe) out in snowy weather here in my own little corner of the world yesterday. Wasn't the fact of driving it in snow, but the fact he was still on the stock wheels/tires - recipe for disaster IMO. A lot of people here drive their Stangs year round, but at least they put proper snow tires on there first!

SicShelby09

Banned
I drove mine last winter almost everyday in IL. And I drove mine today in the flurries. It will shine up just like the day it was new. I was one of those guys that thought my car would melt if it got wet, but after losing my company van and being forced to drive it, I have seen the light and realize that its way more fun to drive it in the rain then let it sit in the garage clean. I do however wash it almost every week and still wax it just as much. Drive these cars, dont save them for the next owner. Everything can be fixed, and replaced so have no fear. My front splitter and plastic side skirts need to be swapped due to wear and tear. Thats going to happen in spring.

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
mine's daily driven. rain, snow, etc. if you guys think these cars are gonna be worth $ i have a bridge for sale. enjoy your car and drive it.

RSH427R

Established Member
mine's daily driven. rain, snow, etc. if you guys think these cars are gonna be worth $ i have a bridge for sale. enjoy your car and drive it.

I'd pay more for one that wasn't driven in the salt etc. As a matter of fact I would probably pass on a daily driver vs. one that was rarely driven. :shrug:

So, tell me about this bridge. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
i'd pay more for one that wasn't driven in the salt etc. As a matter of fact i would probably pass on a daily driver vs. One that was rarely driven. :shrug:

So, tell me about this bridge. :thumbsup:

+1

Users who are viewing this thread