Its just a car

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
mine's daily driven. rain, snow, etc. if you guys think these cars are gonna be worth $ i have a bridge for sale. enjoy your car and drive it.

+1

I personally wouldn't drive it in the snow, but in the end, it is JUST a Mustang with a blower and decals.

I'd pay more for one that wasn't driven in the salt etc. As a matter of fact I would probably pass on a daily driver vs. one that was rarely driven. :shrug:

So, tell me about this bridge. :thumbsup:

I think that goes for everyone on just about EVERY vehicle out there.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
but the fact he was still on the stock wheels/tires - recipe for disaster IMO. A lot of people here drive their Stangs year round, but at least they put proper snow tires on there first!

I have shelby take-off tires on my GT, I drove it nearly everyday last year through the winter. You'd be surprised how well they actually do in the snow. They really do dig in pretty well. It's tricky just like any mustang on any tire in the snow, but I've certainly had much worse tires in the winter. Goodyear gatorbacks for example... Those suck on any surface, especially the snow.

que4dog

Established Member
I'd pay more for one that wasn't driven in the salt etc. As a matter of fact I would probably pass on a daily driver vs. one that was rarely driven. :shrug:

He meant buy it to drive and enjoy. If the car is a garage queen to make a profit, I have bad news for you... all you would be doing is keeping it new for the next guy while you paid for all the depreciation.

bull3441

Established Member

as would i, but they made too many of our cars. i will be dead before it's worth more than when i bought it. so i enjoy it everyday. i can only think of two cars that came out in the last 20+ years that has appreciated, '87 GNX and Ford GT. there may be 1 or 2 others, but i can't think off the top of my head. bottom line go drive your car, you could be hit by a bus tomorrow. live life.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Mine had 740 miles when I bought it. The original owner had it 18 months. Do the math on that. He hardly drove the thing every month. It was a garage queen. I drive mine daily and intend to enjoy it frequently. I didn't pay 40,000 to look at it sit in a garage, and I know the production numbers will not make it valuable years from now as the original GT500s were.

turnpike_cruise

4.10's FTMFW
Established Member
Is it wrong to park your mustang in the winter to keep it nice? I drove my car a couple of times 2 winters ago in the snow. Won't make that mistake again.

Besides, there is nothing worse then climbing under a vehicle to fix something and end up with an eye full of rust.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I guess I'm a lot different than most you guys. I like to enjoy the car on nice days. But it only stays looking good if you take care of it an drivinig it every day on ca roads is not gonna happen. I.don't knowbwhy anyone would even wanna drive any mustang in the snow. Id rather drive a truck as a dd. I really cant see 500 plus hp be fun to drive every day rain an snow. But that's just me

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Ever since I could afford to keep my nice things inside, I did....

like you ^^^^ I like to pull out a nice and shinny car. Its like going into a clean house, IMO.

As for that car sitting in the snow. It is what it is........

matt87

Established Member
get caught behind a sander and tell me your paint is going to buff up and look new. i wouldnt even own a mustang to dd in snow, salt and rain, never mind a gt500. some buy to drive rain or shine, some buy to buff, wax and enjoy on nice summer days.

RSH427R

Established Member
He meant buy it to drive and enjoy. If the car is a garage queen to make a profit, I have bad news for you... all you would be doing is keeping it new for the next guy while you paid for all the depreciation.

The guys who bought 07(s) and paid 20K over sticker may have done this, not the rest of us. My point is that a GT 500 having years of salt/sand blasting is worthless to me. I would pay a lot more for the one that's not driven in the snow/salt/sand. Kinda like the one sitting in my heated storage building. I bought it new and take care of it. I bet it brings more money when I decide to sell it vs. the rust bucket.

I don't call it garage queen, I call it taking care of a $50,000 toy. :shrug:

Last edited:

barstoolman

Established Member
The guys who bought 07(s) and paid 20K over sticker may have done this, not the rest of us. My point is that a GT 500 having years of salt/sand blasting is worthless to me. I would pay a lot more for the one that's not driven in the snow/salt/sand. Kinda like the one sitting in my heated storage building. I bought it new and take care of it. I bet it brings more money when I decide to sell it vs. the rust bucket.

I don't call it garage queen, I call it taking care of a $50,000 toy. :shrug:

Unfortunately, the longer it keeps sitting, the further and further away it is from being a $50,000 toy.........today, its only a $25,000-$30,000 toy, mine included. I bought it new and take care of it as well but at the end of the day, I bought it to drive it so get out there and enjoy it!!!!!!!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
im guessing you guys in snow have never seen under your cars. snow rust the under of your car pretty fast. in 5 yrs of snow it will start rusting an taking off the paint or coding on the under body. every car ive seen that came from the east cost that wasn't garaged during the winter looked like shit on the under body
horseshit! this only happens when cars are not taken care of and the underside not cleaned on a regular basis. obviously the cars you have seen that came from the east coast had owners that either didn't know how to take care of their cars or just didn't give a shit.

I went to see my new truck today, and look what I saw in the snow. I ask the owner what is that sitting outside for, and he said its just a car.
it IS just a car.

Well he wasn't lying to you, it is just a car. It just happens to be a real nice car that shouldn't be outside in the snow. :bash:
why not? what makes the mustang so special that is shouldn't be outside.

Ya an 07 with only 3000 mile the guy traded it in on an 10. I know the guy and the car has never been beat. It was a trailer queen.
so? :shrug:

You should've told the dealer "You're just a dick" !
too bad this is not smackdown.

and you would join the ranks of the idiots. ANYONE that says their car has never seen snow, rain or giant piss is lying through their teeth. these cars sit out on a huge lot at the plant waiting to be shipped and then they sit out on dealers lots waiting to be sold. you think for a second that they have never seen rain? yeah right.

Is it wrong to park your mustang in the winter to keep it nice? I drove my car a couple of times 2 winters ago in the snow. Won't make that mistake again..
no there is nothing wrong with it. there is everything wrong with thinking every one else should be this anal retentive and calling them a "dick" because they don't agree with your views.
Besides, there is nothing worse then climbing under a vehicle to fix something and end up with an eye full of rust.
this only happens when you don't take proper care of the car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread