Its been quite the ride boys

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Well after 18 years of owning my 01 Cobra, I finally let it go Thursday. I got an offer from a friend of a friend and i decided to take it. I was somewhat in the mindset to sell it this summer and get a GT500 next spring. Had a lot of times and memories with the car and its been mostly bitter than sweet. Kinda sucks actually lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Man, bittersweet is right. I'd feel the same way, I've owned mine since 04. I feel like I couldn't let it go either... but $$$$ sure is a great motivator.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, bittersweet is right. I'd feel the same way, I've owned mine since 04. I feel like I couldn't let it go either... but $$$$ sure is a great motivator.

For sure man, I had the car set up the way i want, had 40k miles, ran real good with 445rwhp. Kinda feel like I’m gonna regret it long term but I’m ready to get into a GT500 i think and i feel like the car would sit.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, you've had the nice '01 for quite awhile. I'm surprised you sold it, but like Brad said, you gotta move on sometimes. Hope you find your dream GT500. What year are you looking for?

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Just wait till you get the GT500! There will be no lingering regrets. What year Shelby will you be looking for?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Gotta move on sometimes. Good luck with the new endeavor.

Yep, its the truth. Thanks man.

Yeah, you've had the nice '01 for quite awhile. I'm surprised you sold it, but like Brad said, you gotta move on sometimes. Hope you find your dream GT500. What year are you looking for?

I did. Lot of sentimental value but its time to move on. I hope so well. I’m gonna be pretty picky about it. I’m looking at the 13-14’s

Hopefully she is in good hands with the new owner

She is! Actually a cop bought it. Haha. He will take great car of her.

Just wait till you get the GT500! There will be no lingering regrets. What year Shelby will you be looking for?

Lol i hope so. I think i will. So I’m looking at the 13-14’s. I feel like i would be compromising if i got a 11-12. Been reading and researching for awhile and the 13-14 seem like the better buy for me. I only want to do a few bolt-on’s and call it a day

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Well after 18 years of owning my 01 Cobra, I finally let it go Thursday. I got an offer from a friend of a friend and i decided to take it. I was somewhat in the mindset to sell it this summer and get a GT500 next spring. Had a lot of times and memories with the car and its been mostly bitter than sweet. Kinda sucks actually lol.

I know the feeling. I sold my 02 GT this past weekend after owning it for 12 years. Bought it the summer I graduated HS and swore to keep it but as fine went on, I drove it less and less.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I know the feeling. I sold my 02 GT this past weekend after owning it for 12 years. Bought it the summer I graduated HS and swore to keep it but as fine went on, I drove it less and less.

Same. Got it the end of my senior year in HS back in 03. Bought it stock other than a magnaflow cat back and 4:10's. At the time, it ripped for a n/a 4v. I miss those days for sure.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I'm the original owner of my 01. I kick around the idea of selling from time to time but can't bring myself to do. Even though I hardly ever drive it. Put on 2K miles in the last 7 years. :(

Mine always ran well too. Surprised a lot of poorly driven LS1's. Back in the summer of 02 I went 13.3 at 105 stock. Has an Eaton now and runs a little better!

Over the next few years I'll pull the motor, forge it and slap on a TVS and be done.

shurur

Established Member
It doesn't matter that you are getting another year mustang, you still know the things you know and have plenty of value-add for our forum.
Don't be a stranger.

Also make sure the new owner posts up!!

Users who are viewing this thread