Its been a while... Mike DEZ the BOLT on Jockey!

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
lol!... Nut sucker!

Thats ok i see your only trying to Protect your friend.. I understand.. go ahead make the exsuces.. But i didnt bring my stang to a monroe muffler shop I brought it to the BEST right? I mean I been going there for two years!
Mike is a professional right? and I'm the 1st persoin that this happend to there? and everyone experiance is because their assholes and your guy is king right?

This franny?

say what you want dude. i have met you a bunch of times there and never had a problem with you. theres two sides to every story. im sorry your shit blew up. im not calling you an asshole im just telling you how it is. they didnt build your motor. you said you wanted more power and the motor didnt handle it. so in that the finger pointing begins. i hope you get it all back together and running again. good day sir

this is franny

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
i've seen cars blow on the dyno at his shop just doing power pulls. is that his fault too? we can all see your very bitter, you've made your point. you start making the hp youre at, stuff can go south very quick. if my car lost a 100 hp after a pull i think i would know to say stop. sounds like to me youre engine was on the edge already. i'm not a nut hugger but i can honestly say i've never had bad dealings there but do know some who have. i still cant believe the mods are letting you go on like this though, enough is enough.

Last edited:

My2003Mach1

Established Member
say what you want dude. i have met you a bunch of times there and never had a problem with you. theres two sides to every story. im sorry your shit blew up. im not calling you an asshole im just telling you how it is. they didnt build your motor. you said you wanted more power and the motor didnt handle it. so in that the finger pointing begins. i hope you get it all back together and running again. good day sir

this is franny

Franny no issues with you... AT alll .. Im not here to go back and forth .. I would want to know this info if i was going to any dyno shop wouldnt you..?

Your right they didnt build it... really it doesnt matter who builds and engine this could happend to any engine builder, a mike dez race engine included professional engines can blow at anytime.

Mike as a professional... when he was tuning it at that time there was noting on it.. low boost , timing was at 12* and no meth... losing 100HP at a time just tells you to stop, period..
so point is that i wasn't at 7K rpm saying Mike HARDER MORE MORE MORE.

All i am saying , once again is that the service i recieved and the attnetion to detail was shit.

Mustang owners be aware and check out the shop before going there and Video tape your dyno pulls..

My2003Mach1

Established Member
i've seen cars blow on the dyno at his shop just doing power pulls. is that his fault too? we can all see your very bitter, you've made your point. you start making the hp youre at, stuff can go south very quick. if my car lost a 100 hp after a pull i think i would know to say stop. sounds like to me youre engine was on the edge already. i'm not a nut hugger but i can honestly say i've never had bad dealings there but do know some who have. i still cant believe the mods are letting you go on lie this though, enough is enough.

ok because you say so.. and you dont know me .. im not angry or bitter.. i moved on for that part, as far as this thread continuing on well stop responding and it will go away RIGHT?

I made my point and leave it alone ... start your own thread isnt that what why we are here? to have fun, learn , buy some things for our cars?

I'm chalking it up, really i am i learned my leasson and i wanted to share it with others, so they dont have the same bad experiances..

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
Franny no issues with you... AT alll .. Im not here to go back and forth .. I would want to know this info if i was going to any dyno shop wouldnt you..?

Your right they didnt build it... really it doesnt matter who builds and engine this could happend to any engine builder, a mike dez race engine included professional engines can blow at anytime.

Mike as a professional... when he was tuning it at that time there was noting on it.. low boost , timing was at 12* and no meth... losing 100HP at a time just tells you to stop, period..
so point is that i wasn't at 7K rpm saying Mike HARDER MORE MORE MORE.

All i am saying , once again is that the service i recieved and the attnetion to detail was shit.

Mustang owners be aware and check out the shop before going there and Video tape your dyno pulls..

i didnt have any issue with you untill that last rant where you went back and edited your post 4 times. now you can go phuck yourself. again good day sir.

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
Random question, who was this person watching the screen on this video

YouTube - shauncx1477's Channel

Honestly, some of you guys are on Dez's nuts. Clearly after dropping 100hp on a pull, he shouldnt have asked the owner if he wanted to stop, he should have just clearly ****ing stopped. Mike seems like he likes to do his tuning for WOT and leaves the drivability factor alone. Shit even when I got my NA tune, my car was lean up until almost 5000rpm. I mentioned that and he said its fine because it gets fatter where it counts. HUH?

And just like the OP said, waiting and waiting all ****ing day for a tune. He doesnt pay attention to his customers. He'd rather talk to all of his shop buddys, or talk on the phone for an hour. The OP is paying him good money for his dyno tune, so all of Mikes attention should be on that.

OP, you will be very happy with Pete. Pete is a really cool guy, and really knows what hes doing. For my supercharger tune, he had it strapped, dyno tuned, and off the rollers in less then an hour. I spent more time at Dez's shop then driving to Pete, getting it tuned, and driving back home.

Keep us updated with your situation, and I promise you wont be dissapointed with Pete. Good luck man

Shaun

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Random question, who was this person watching the screen on this video

YouTube - shauncx1477's Channel

Honestly, some of you guys are on Dez's nuts. Clearly after dropping 100hp on a pull, he shouldnt have asked the owner if he wanted to stop, he should have just clearly ****ing stopped. Mike seems like he likes to do his tuning for WOT and leaves the drivability factor alone. Shit even when I got my NA tune, my car was lean up until almost 5000rpm. I mentioned that and he said its fine because it gets fatter where it counts. HUH?

And just like the OP said, waiting and waiting all ****ing day for a tune. He doesnt pay attention to his customers. He'd rather talk to all of his shop buddys, or talk on the phone for an hour. The OP is paying him good money for his dyno tune, so all of Mikes attention should be on that.

OP, you will be very happy with Pete. Pete is a really cool guy, and really knows what hes doing. For my supercharger tune, he had it strapped, dyno tuned, and off the rollers in less then an hour. I spent more time at Dez's shop then driving to Pete, getting it tuned, and driving back home.

Keep us updated with your situation, and I promise you wont be dissapointed with Pete. Good luck man

Shaun

WOW so true!

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
In a neutral position even if dez did stop the dyno that motor was on it's way out either way. On low boost, no boost, dez dyno or pro-tree dyno.
You should be calling out the engine builder imo.. A correctly built 4.6 motor can handle a ton of timing and boost. I'm not saying anything out of line.. Btw who built the motor that took a shit so I can avoid him??

ChromeSnake98

Established Member
Honestly I think this thread needs to be here. Not to bash or whatever but as a very simple "buyer beware". As someone who really hasn't been thru the tuning process too often, Its nice to be able to know how a place takes care of there paying customers. If I'm walking into a shop with my car annnd $500 in hand you bet your ass I want my car taken care of and I want my money's worth. OP your a better man than I am cuz I'll tell you what I could care less who built my motor if my "professional" dyno tuner leaned out my motor while tuning and popped it and then wanted to pay for them to pull it and fix it, you bet your ass I would have burnt that f@&$ing place to the ground. As a person who doesn't have any experience with dez I also didn't take this as a bashing thread as alot of guys are acusing you of. But it does help people like me figure out where to take my car that I care alot about and where to spend my hard earned money. So thanks for the post I mean after all that's what forums are for right??

Last edited:

My2003Mach1

Established Member
In a neutral position even if dez did stop the dyno that motor was on it's way out either way. On low boost, no boost, dez dyno or pro-tree dyno.
You should be calling out the engine builder imo.. A correctly built 4.6 motor can handle a ton of timing and boost. I'm not saying anything out of line.. Btw who built the motor that took a shit so I can avoid him??

I agree with you on the STOPPING. However don’t you feel that the damage wouldn’t have been as bad? but having somone say HEY something wrong , we just lost 100HP lets do a compression test, or hey i think your engines taking a shit..LOL thats more respectableto me.

I am DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO GET IT DONE RIGHT! Dez knows that and anyone that knows me knows I'm like don't care how much but don't try and rape me.

Well Dez did have the boost up to 22lbs boost on a previous tune from January 2010 with 13* timing. It was like this for about a year. (I don’t drive my stang that much, or when I do, its not far, or nor do I drive it like I stole it, which means nothing other than I’m mindful of every sound, leak or hiccup)

Mustang Specialties, Pompano Beach Florida...

So no worries round here or I would have posted that info also...

I have addressed the issue with Mustang specialties as well... I have an engine builder going over all the data collected form the engine as advised by legal consul. I was told that I needed this.

FYI mustang specialties offered to help me with the rebuild, I chose to go with a neutral party for legal purposes.

Once again this could happen to any engine builder.. The tuner (like a doctor) when you visit them because you have an issue is there to help you solve them.. Remedy the problems not add to them.

You trust that your doctor knows BEST! Though that’s not always the case… You still put your confidence and faith in their professional abilities as I did here.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Honestly I think this thread needs to be here. Not to bash or whatever but as a very simple "buyer beware". As someone who really hasn't been thru the tuning process too often, Its nice to be able to know how a place takes care of there paying customers. If I'm walking into a shop with my car annnd $500 in hand you bet your ass I want my car taken care of and I want my money's worth. OP your a better man than I am cuz I'll tell you what I could care less who built my motor if my "professional" dyno tuner leaned out my motor while tuning and popped it and then wanted to pay for them to pull it and fix it, you bet your ass I would have burnt that f@&$ing place to the ground. As a person who doesn't has any experience with dez I also didn't take this as a bashing thread as alot of guys are acusing you of. But it does help people like me figure out where to take my car that I care alot about and my hard earned money. So thanks for the post
I mean after all that's what forums are for right??

Thank you well said and I respect your honesty..

This is the ONLY reason why i posted this .. I was you a few years ago and I searched high and low for answers and advice.

Until recently there hasn't been much information about Shops and their "not my problem if i blow your car up on my dyno" guess what? yes you are! No one was to accept responsibility for their actions...

I'm accepting my part that I played and I wanted to share..

I'm far more educated now then i was before with companies like mike dez and mustang specialties... Get everything in writing!

My friend with a black Mach 1 was getting work done there the same week and the price kept going up. Granted he was getting things done, but it just protects you in the end.

I think in fact they asked me if they could bolt my F1-A head unit onto his car because they were having issues with his too.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I want to add one more thing. My dad has a 03 Mach 1. When I was getting tuned, my dad was talking to Dez about doing a nitrous setup. Dez said all 3 hes done (machs with nitrous) have blown up on him on the dyno. I specifically remember that.

We went to Pete, and my dad had mentioned that. And Pete showed my dad like 3 or 4 graphs of Machs spraying. He said hes never blown one up.

Jason Reiss

Established Member
Engines break. Nobody can predict the day or run that is going to happen.

So...let me post this question. If Dez had tuned the car, gotten great power out of it, then you went to drive it home and blew it up on the way due to the stock oil pump, would you have blamed Dez? reading your posts in this thread and on Yellowbullet tells me you would have. And that's not right.

It stinks that your engine blew up, but that's nobody's fault but your own. Mike can only work with what you give him. If you give him a car with an on-its-way-out oil pump, what can you really expect? Whether you knew the pump was failing or not, that's racing. Shit breaks. If you don't want it to break, don't push it to begin with.

For what it's worth, I've had a $10k engine break on the third pass. That wasn't fun and set me back a few years, but it is what it is. Live and learn, it's nobody's fault but my own.

Last edited:

My2003Mach1

Established Member

So...let me post this question. If Dez had tuned the car, gotten great power out of it, then you went to drive it home and blew it up on the way due to the stock oil pump, would you have blamed Dez? reading your posts in this thread and on Yellowbullet tells me you would have. And that's not right.

It stinks that your engine blew up, but that's nobody's fault but your own. Mike can only work with what you give him. If you give him a car with an on-its-way-out oil pump, what can you really expect? Whether you knew the pump was failing or not, that's racing. Shit breaks. If you don't want it to break, don't push it to begin with.

For what it's worth, I've had a $10k engine break on the third pass. That wasn't fun and set me back a few years, but it is what it is. Live and learn, it's nobody's fault but my own.

look you like all other "THERE" are looking at a dam oil pump are you reading the whole post? are your eyes open or are you so narrow minded that you can not get the over all MESSAGE in the threads?

My2003Mach1

Established Member

3gdwrench
Spooled up

Posts: 234 Re: ONE MANS EXPERIENCE WITH DEZ RACING IN MASSACHUSSETS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry,but a tuner with the vast experiance such as his should have known the limits of this setup and the signs that say STOP !! Come on,100hp drop ??? Twice ? Shit he should have told the customer the motor needs to come out after the 2nd pull knowing he lost 100 and saw low oil press ?? Should have let it limp home from there and covered his ass.........

Jason Reiss

Established Member
look you like all other "THERE" are looking at a dam oil pump are you reading the whole post? are your eyes open or are you so narrow minded that you can not get the over all MESSAGE in the threads?

I "get the over all MESSAGE."

There is a reason I didn't comment on the rest of all of your posts - I wasn't there and didn't see what happened, I only have what you say to go on. I read everything you posted here and on YB, but I won't crucify someone on the internet based on one side of the story. Also, I see what Mike has posted on YB - he can fight his own internet battles, he doesn't need me to do it.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with his shop. Knowing Mike as I do that is an anomaly but you obviously experienced what you did. I am not discounting your experience, it is very valid. Hopefully Mike takes this as a learning experience also.

I notice you did not answer my question, so let me ask you another one instead. Is it more important to you that "Mike blew up my car", or is it more important to you that they didn't take the care with it that you would have liked when taking it apart?

My2003Mach1

Established Member
I "get the over all MESSAGE."

There is a reason I didn't comment on the rest of all of your posts - I wasn't there and didn't see what happened, I only have what you say to go on. I read everything you posted here and on YB, but I won't crucify someone on the internet based on one side of the story. Also, I see what Mike has posted on YB - he can fight his own internet battles, he doesn't need me to do it.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with his shop. Knowing Mike as I do that is an anomaly but you obviously experienced what you did. I am not discounting your experience, it is very valid. Hopefully Mike takes this as a learning experience also.

I notice you did not answer my question, so let me ask you another one instead. Is it more important to you that "Mike blew up my car", or is it more important to you that they didn't take the care with it that you would have liked when taking it apart?

WAY more important as to HOW i was taken care of or the lack of it ! So right on!:beer:

Perfect point.. I'm not mad at the engine blowing up or Mike. I’ll say it again I think highly of Mike I think he IS one of the best around for mustangs. However i think because he’s over whelmed and over books himself things like this are BOUND to happen and before we all know it we are left asking why? And how could this happen?

His attention to detail and ability to PREVENT any further possible damage to my car is why I was there in the first place!
I'm moving on going forward with the "engine" part

I'm disappointed just as anyone would be with how my property was treated, how i was treated after being a no haggle no nonsense customer
Who promoted Dez racing up and down..

Now who looks like the asshole here after sticking my neck out for the two years going there? That’s right you guessed it ME!

Users who are viewing this thread