Its been a while... Mike DEZ the BOLT on Jockey!

matt87

Established Member
feel bad for Pete if one you idiots blow up on his dyno. nvm, he'll pull the engine for free, put pretty pink tags on all your parts and neatly arrange them in color coded parts bins, then give you a big hug and say "it'll be ok big guy" ok weres my rope i got dez nuts to swing from.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
The OP didnt know there was anything wrong with his car der. Your so far up Mikes ass all I can see is your feet.

Even if it was already toast, your getting away from the customer service part. Jons parts were all over the place. Talking to you is like talking to a wall.

i said if i got my parts back like he said he got his back i wouldnt be happy either. you should read all the posts.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
You know what... in all honesty. My old engine blew on Petes dyno... it was not his fault, it was mine. I could get into depth about it, but yes I was at fault. I was running too much boost and not the right exhaust setup.

JDM Engineering talked to Pete and my truck was fixed by JDM for a low amount of cash. JDM did not have to do anything for me but they did and I really appreciated it. JDM warranty's their engines for 2 years, not many places will do that.

If they did not do a lot of work on my truck I would go straight to Pete. Since JDM has done A LOT of work on my 3rd motor I take the 5+ hour ride down there for almost anything now.

I have nothing against Dez, tonight I actually recommended him to a buddy I know with a foxbody. Bad news always spreads faster than good news.

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
I love it how if u are sticking up for dez, your a nutswinger. But God forbid if someone was called out that you would trust, ude do the same thing.

EXAMPLE ONLY!!!

Say person A's motor blew on a shop's dyno. Then do what people do best and blame others for their mistakes. Say the car u brought had the same issue as the pump and you knew something wasn't really right, then pop! You would do the same thing on that dyno and the post about it. Then all the other people would jump in to look cool as well bashing him but then you have people who stand up for him are now the nut swingers. I love double standards around here.

How about instead of this back and forth crap because most people here are only reading what they wanna read. We let Person A and Person B talk this over.

if anyone takes this as bashing, its not. It's just what I've seen since post #1. And people posting just swearing. Honestly, u have nothing to do with it and prove you don't have a good answer so you just swear.

Again, i say let the 2 people deal with this now. We all got one side and half of the other side which I posted but apparently no one cares because again, they only want to read what they wanna hear out of it.

lxfiveo

Established Member
feel bad for Pete if one you idiots blow up on his dyno. nvm, he'll pull the engine for free, put pretty pink tags on all your parts and neatly arrange them in color coded parts bins, then give you a big hug and say "it'll be ok big guy" ok weres my rope i got dez nuts to swing from.

Now this is some funny chit!

Stangv

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
100% FACTS about my experience with Dez.

I went to DEZ with a great running very basic KB cobra set up with supporting mods, I left with a vicious cutting out issue , TRACTION CONTROL TURNED BACK ON, vacuum lines disconnected and a new fresh dent in my drivers door from Mike hitting a chair with it. He also went to back off the dyno while his laptop was still on my passenger seat plugged in to the wall, I had to yell for him to stop before it ripped out of the wall.

Also while I was there some big jacked guy came in and was yelling & demanding his money back for a job that went sour on his car. Dez had no problem giving him money outta his pocket because he was simply afraid of the dude but no sooner then him leaving Dez starting unbelievably nonstop trash talking him and the local shop that found his mistakes on the guys car, I said to Dez "Dude can we just tune my car damn I gotta go soon".

(My friend caught almost all of this on video)

Long story short I had been going to Dez for at least 13 years and every time he's never finished a tune I always "Need something more" as do most people that I know that have gone to em as well. This was $750.00 (Wake up call) lesson witch I had to learn only ONCE...

I've told many of my friends this story and many have said and seen how much this guy has changed.

I've heard that he's going outta business soon and focusing on basic repair that's why he opened a shop in RI for basic repairs not long ago.

Sorry I left out how many times I tried calling him and left messages to express my experience and never one word back from him...

Last edited:

My2003Mach1

Established Member

I went to DEZ with a great running very basic KB cobra set up with supporting mods, I left with a vicious cutting out issue , TRACTION CONTROL TURNED BACK ON, vacuum lines disconnected and a new fresh dent in my drivers door from Mike hitting a chair with it. He also went to back off the dyno while his laptop was still on my passenger seat plugged in to the wall, I had to yell for him to stop before it ripped out of the wall.

Also while I was there some big jacked guy came in and was yelling & demanding his money back for a job that went sour on his car. Dez had no problem giving him money outta his pocket because he was simply afraid of the dude but no sooner then him leaving Dez starting unbelievably nonstop trash talking him and the local shop that found his mistakes on the guys car, I said to Dez "Dude can we just tune my car damn I gotta go soon".

Long story short I had been going to Dez for at least 13 years and every time he's never finished a tune I always "Need something more" as do most people that I know that have gone to em as well. This was $750.00 (Wake up call) lesson witch I had to learn only ONCE...

I've told many of my friends this story and many have said and seen how much this guy has changed.

I've heard that he's going outta business soon and focusing on basic repair that's why he opened a shop in RI for basic repairs not long ago.

Sorry I left out how many times I tried calling him and left messages to express my experience and never one word back from him...

Thanks for sharing! I think all this is nessasary because we (consumers,Mustsng enthusiast) should share experiances. These stories GOOD or BAD experiances are helpful.
I'd want to have this same valuable information if I were hiring a contractor to work on my home.

Anyway. I hope you all can learn from our experiance :)

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
going out of business!?! lol! you freaking kidding me? hes fixing the shop up, hired more help. has Jason on the phone( who is aswome and will help you all he can) you guys gotta chill with this crap. every shop owner out there has had problems with customers at some point. Dez deals with ALOT of people. i see cars from all over the country go there. you guys make Pete sound like JC, like hes NEVER done a thing wrong. whatever! tired of this bullshit.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Dez tuned my 97 Cobra with a KB, he only did a street tune but went out in the car with me with the laptop hooked up to make sure everything went ok, i was very happy with the tune and the car ran great, check engine light would come on for something i asked him to turn off because i deleted the SAI but he must of forgot. Other than that car ran great. I am not a nut swinger but he did fine on my old Cobra

SCalla1384

Established Member

Can you upload that video???

Users who are viewing this thread