Established Member
giphy.webp

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
****ing badass brotha

where did you get the block?
and I don't even know but does the zr1 come with a trans brace? the guys who did my motor suggested I get one and I'm not making nearly as much power as you're going to put down

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks mein. A build similar to mine but with 2650 and frankenstein heads did 1320. I have a ported 2300 and ported LS9 heads which should hold its own with the other set up. LS9 heads flow like a mofo.

But: I am tired limited and I do not want to switch to 15s. This would mean ripping out my carbon rotors which I do not want to do.

So, long story short, I plan on keeping it between 1000 and 1100.

This is the benchmark if you are interested
I saw that 1344whp and was :eek:!!! Your goal of 1,000-1,100 is smart. Still beastly!

2011fiveliter

Established Member
That is a bad ass build. The C6 ZR1 is King Daddy. Good luck with everything and many smiles to come. There is something about a vette with some chop. I have a 2015 C7 Z06 with ported heads and cam. I can listen to it chop all day long

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Soooo, which one do you prefer to drive between it and the ZLE?

I juuust about had my mind right to get ready to sell mine, then i hear it idle, and my little girl chose it over the TRX to get dropped off at school today. I still love mustangs too, but these pushrod GM vehicle sound mean af. Anyone who appreciates cars seem to enjoy them

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Soooo, which one do you prefer to drive between it and the ZLE?

I juuust about had my mind right to get ready to sell mine, then i hear it idle, and my little girl chose it over the TRX to get dropped off at school today. I still love mustangs too, but these pushrod GM vehicle sound mean af. Anyone who appreciates cars seem to enjoy them

I love them both but ZR1 all day. But the ZLE is fantastic in its own right. Vettes are lighter and more balanced. I can drive the ZR1 very fast and it feels slow. When I drive the ZLE fast it seems like I am driving it faster than I am.

I am blessed to not have to choose.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
****ing badass brotha

where did you get the block?
and I don't even know but does the zr1 come with a trans brace? the guys who did my motor suggested I get one and I'm not making nearly as much power as you're going to put down

Thanks mein. Twin Cities Performance took care of everything. It is a new block. Decked an sleeved.

No trans brace. It never came up. I will bring it up when I pick it up tomorrow.

They put a break in tune in it and I am going to put some miles on it before we dial it up. It now sits at 950 on 17 lbs which is what my previous set up did on 24 lbs.

89BIRD

Established Member
I never knew Keaton was a lefty. :) Sweet ride, there is a reason why the C6 ZR1 is called the King.

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
sounds great! the c6zr1 is on my bucket list. along with the increase in cubes, porting and the cam, did you raise the compression?

Users who are viewing this thread