ISO reviews on DGR perf PA

NiceCobra

Established Member
Looking for reviews on dgr performance in PA. I'm thinking about bringing my car there for a dyno tune. Most reviews I've seen are from a few years ago and looking for updated reviews.
I've read good things about them but they're 2.5-3 hrs away and don't want to waste a trip.
Thanks

Blueline

Established Member
Hey Mike, how far are you from Bill at Pro Edge Tuning in CT? If Frank doesn't straighten his shit out, thats where Im going.

NiceCobra

Established Member
^ Lund tunes out of evolution right?

Whats going on tony, yea I'm done with frank. I lost my trust in him and won't be bringing my car back.
I'm about 2.5 hrs from pro edge .
I emailed Lund but haven't heard back yet.
So my options are dgr , Lund, or jdm engineering(which would be the closest

Blueline

Established Member
^ Lund tunes out of evolution right?

Whats going on tony, yea I'm done with frank. I lost my trust in him and won't be bringing my car back.
I'm about 2.5 hrs from pro edge .
I emailed Lund but haven't heard back yet.
So my options are dgr , Lund, or jdm engineering(which would be the closest

Sucks so bad, I don't know what's going on with him man. He nailed my car, my brothers Cobra R, nicks car and your car first! Your the reason I checked him out lol. I dunno but that's def. something I don't want to deal with either. I don't blame you, I guess I'll wait to hear what you decide. No changes on mine right now, but next is a clutch and maybe headers.

Ninedown

Established Member
Dave is a good guy and he has tuned my car multiple times. Takes his time and get the tune dialed in right. I may switch to E85 this year and he will be my go to when I need the tune for that.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Sucks so bad, I don't know what's going on with him man. He nailed my car, my brothers Cobra R, nicks car and your car first! Your the reason I checked him out lol. I dunno but that's def. something I don't want to deal with either. I don't blame you, I guess I'll wait to hear what you decide. No changes on mine right now, but next is a clutch and maybe headers.

yea my original tune felt great but he let 2 cars roll out of his shop that day with shitty installs and tunes. He said I can bring my car down whenever I wanted for a tune adjustment but now he doesn't answer unless I ask for prices on installs lol

NiceCobra

Established Member
Dave is a good guy and he has tuned my car multiple times. Takes his time and get the tune dialed in right. I may switch to E85 this year and he will be my go to when I need the tune for that.

Thanks for the info.

Anyone have anything to say about jdm? I'd rather have a place closest possible for future installs/ tunes

TRBO VNM

You need to put a support ticket in on Lund racings support site. That will be your fastest response.

I have no personal tuning experience with dgr because I used Lund before. I have had friends and customers have both good and bad experiences. But you will probably run into that almost everywhere.

NiceCobra

Established Member
You need to put a support ticket in on Lund racings support site. That will be your fastest response.

I have no personal tuning experience with dgr because I used Lund before. I have had friends and customers have both good and bad experiences. But you will probably run into that almost everywhere.

Yea that's what I did the other day. I was thinking about calling evolution directly too

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Have you looked into wicked motorsports out of toms river new Jersey. I have heard many positive things about Kevin and his tuning.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Have you looked into wicked motorsports out of toms river new Jersey. I have heard many positive things about Kevin and his tuning.
Yea I've contacted him. But he's always real busy and he doesn't dyno while you wait. He needs the car for a few days.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Yea I've contacted him. But he's always real busy and he doesn't dyno while you wait. He needs the car for a few days.

That's because he spends tons of time making sure everything is right. Most shops just throw your car on the dyno and make sure wot is good and send you off. I understand it's tough to tough drop your car off, lots of driving to and from.

Have you considered doing a remote tune with Jon Lund. All you need is a wideband and laptop to datalog. Good luck in finding a tuner, it sounds like you are on the right track.

NiceCobra

Established Member
That's because he spends tons of time making sure everything is right. Most shops just throw your car on the dyno and make sure wot is good and send you off. I understand it's tough to tough drop your car off, lots of driving to and from.

Have you considered doing a remote tune with Jon Lund. All you need is a wideband and laptop to datalog. Good luck in finding a tuner, it sounds like you are on the right track.

O trust me I know Kevin at wicked does a great job. But yea my fiancé already hates me for making her drive back and forth to the last tuner. I made her do it 3 times last year Haha.

Yea I've considered a remote tune but I've always thought they left them a little on the conservative side with a lot of power still left on the table for safety reasons.

Woody6799

Established Member
I know we talked about this Mike, I am just hoping Frank comes through and steps things up. I will say though, obviously my tune is different than yours, that my biggest concern with his tune i am 95% sure ended up being my dead IC pump which pulled timing and made the whole car feel off. I will be going back when the weather breaks and I am still pretty confident that he will fix my high idle and the exhaust leak. I don't want to sound like I am making excuses for him but I am pretty sure we caught him at a bad time overall, but I completely understand your position. Your car, your decisions, your peace of mind is the most important but I am really hoping he works out because location wise for me he is a home run.

If he doesn't tho I may be heading up to CT to visit Mooch and friends at Pro Edge lol

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea man hopefully he works out for you. But he should have just told us it was a bad time and he needed another day/week .

Users who are viewing this thread