Isle of Man TT 2019. RIP Daley Mathison.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I saw you mention before that you had a Busa, was it big power?
The typical grudge racer's answer would be, "It's stock for the most part. Ignore the fake turbo".

The bike ran mid to high 7s 10 years ago. They boys running now laugh at that ET. Today I would be considered slow if I built the same bike.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

My94GT

Established Member
Riding in the rain is all about finesse. If it taught me anything it was that you can trail brake very deep into a corner in the dry lol. There is nothing more satisfying then overtaking someone deep on the brakes or passing them on the outside of the turn.

I really miss track days, with a new family it just isn’t in the cards anymore.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Riding in the rain is all about finesse. If it taught me anything it was that you can trail brake very deep into a corner in the dry lol. There is nothing more satisfying then overtaking someone deep on the brakes or passing them on the outside of the turn.

I really miss track days, with a new family it just isn’t in the cards anymore.
This is a man that would put laps on me, and I would likely crash trying to catch him.

My94GT

Established Member
This is a man that would put laps on me, and I would likely crash trying to catch him.

I dunno it’s been a couple years since I threw a leg over a bike at a track. It would take a bit to get my confidence back. Even then I was only ever in advanced group pace so nothing to really write home about. Truth be told I’ve never even rode a liter bike, my R6 on race gas tune likely made a whopping 125-130hp

Coiled03

Established Member
Truth be told I’ve never even rode a liter bike, my R6 on race gas tune likely made a whopping 125-130hp

And yet is still more than enough for most racers.

Shit, when I was racing, the popular bike was a CBR600F2 lol. I saw many a rider on a liter bike get passed by them, too.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
And yet is still more than enough for most racers.

Shit, when I was racing, the popular bike was a CBR600F2 lol. I saw many a rider on a liter bike get passed by them, too.

Totally agree. I was getting passed regularly by SV650’s and even a CBR250 once while I was on my GSXR 600. That seriously put me in my place as I had no excuse other then that they were a far superior rider then I. I will say that riding my CBR 1K at Loudon was downright scary. Being a big girl it was harder to throw into corners then my 600’s, but god damn hitting the straight at 160 then jacking the brakes put some extra hair on my nuts.

I miss track days badly, but even with my life insurance policy for my kids I don’t feel comfortable riding for fear of going down hard.

My94GT

Established Member
Totally agree. I was getting passed regularly by SV650’s and even a CBR250 once while I was on my GSXR 600. That seriously put me in my place as I had no excuse other then that they were a far superior rider then I. I will say that riding my CBR 1K at Loudon was downright scary. Being a big girl it was harder to throw into corners then my 600’s, but god damn hitting the straight at 160 then jacking the brakes put some extra hair on my nuts.

I miss track days badly, but even with my life insurance policy for my kids I don’t feel comfortable riding for fear of going down hard.

Agreed, if I ever did track days again I’d start with an R3 or something of the sort. Going fast on a slow bike is much better then going slow on a fast bike.

Same boat here with family though, plus track days become a very selfish sport and I already spend most my week working so the weekends are my family time.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Same boat here with family though, plus track days become a very selfish sport and I already spend most my week working so the weekends are my family time.

This is why I’m debating on grabbing a shitbox civic to build up for track days. That way I can build it with my boys and even hit a few laps with them in the car. That would be freaking epic!!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

Some of the most fun I have ever had was on my Hayabusa on the Dragon. It's a big bike, but I'm a big guy. I felt more comfortable on the Busas than I did on my CBR900RR. The Honda was nimble, but I preferred the Hayabusa.

I took a friend's GSXR1000 down the Dragon when offered. That little monster got my attention quick. About halfway through I was able to adjust my body and shift enough weight to keep a good speed through the corners. I refused to hand the bike back with chicken strips on the tires.

You guys are really making me miss my bikes.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
A few pics before @13COBRA calls me out. Lol

Love ya Nick. Haha

...and sure, the 03 Black and Grey Hayabusa was bone stock. It was ridden on the street.

The silver Busa is stock too. So are my buddy's ZX14s. That's what they would say.

I miss those days, but life goes on. ]
Screenshot_20190323-014049_Firefox.jpeg
tapatalk_jpeg_1553138184102.jpeg
Screenshot_20190323-015003_Firefox.jpeg
hayabusa%202.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190323-015104_Firefox.jpeg
    Screenshot_20190323-015104_Firefox.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_0148.jpeg
    100_0148.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
A few pics before @13COBRA calls me out. Lol

Love ya Nick. Haha

...and sure, the 03 Black and Grey Hayabusa was bone stock. It was ridden on the street.

The silver Busa is stock too. So are my buddy's ZX14s. That's what they would say.

I miss those days, but life moves on.View attachment 1577965View attachment 1577966View attachment 1577967View attachment 1577968View attachment 1577969View attachment 1577970

Were these pics taken in Montana?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
It was nice of whomever to let you lean on their bike......
tapatalk_jpeg_1553138184102-jpeg.1577967

u_Bqt8vA.jpeg

And I enjoy watching your auctions

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I asked nicely before leaning on their bike. They said it would be OK if it wasn't a rim with a flat tire.

Then I grew a beard to hide my fourth chin. I can't have that quad chin showing to the world.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread