Isle of Man TT 2019. RIP Daley Mathison.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I wanna see a self proclaimed fast street rider and one of these maniacs take on The Dragon. The street rider gets a 30 second head start.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Wouldn't even be close. Would need to be closer to a minute and a half.

It wouldn't matter what kind of head start you give someone who has ever only rode on the street, unless you make it physically impossible for the professional to catch the street rider, the professional wins every time. It would just serve as a good comparison as to what a Facebook fast guy really is compared to someone whose balls weigh more than the other guy's entire bike.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I wanna see a self proclaimed fast street rider and one of these maniacs take on The Dragon. The street rider gets a 30 second head start.
If you're familiar with the dragon, you can rip on it. I could make a few refresher passes and run it. Indont knowing I could set a record, but I would give it my best. Just block the road off from other riders and drivers. Also, beware of falling debris from trees and the odd squirrel that can get under you.

A pro rider with a good memory would push a bike harder. The biggest obstacles on the dragon are not the turns, it is the uneven surface at speed. Most of the accidents that take place are due to inexperience, speed over ability of the rider and machine (H-D riders), and traffic.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
It wouldn't matter what kind of head start you give someone who has ever only rode on the street, unless you make it physically impossible for the professional to catch the street rider, the professional wins every time. It would just serve as a good comparison as to what a Facebook fast guy really is compared to someone whose balls weigh more than the other guy's entire bike.
This is true.

Coiled03

Established Member

If they're both equally familiar with the road, it's a waste of time. People who've never been on a track with professionals, or even club racers, have no idea how much faster the pros are.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Put the majority of “fast” street riders on a track for a weekend and 99% never make it out of intermediate pace group.

Put them in a wet day and watch them fail even more

This. I’ve seen so many “fast” street riders crash and burn at the track it’s straight comical. Excuse after excuse as to why they crashed, but what it comes down to is, they came in hot and ran out of talent rather quickly.
I read somewhere that in order to even compete in the TT you have to have multiple years of practice before you earn your race license. These pros have the track memorized that they could run with their eyes closed.
As said before, road racers out skill the GP guys and even Rossi has admitted that statement.

Last edited:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Put the majority of “fast” street riders on a track for a weekend and 99% never make it out of intermediate pace group.

Put them in a wet day and watch them fail even more
I agree with the wet days. I have a mental block when it comes to racing and rain. I can't make myself do it. I never cared to ride home in the rain, but I did when I had to.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Have bike, will ride. I promise I'm not scared. I prefer a straight line, but I've had my fair share of corners, especially at Deal's Gap. There's just something fun about dragging a knee through a turn.

Need to do a gofundme for your trip and we will get you a crew together. It would actually be fun to do

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Need to do a gofundme for your trip and we will get you a crew together. It would actually be fun to do
Don't forget the red tape it takes to clear the road. I'm too old to play the jail game, and car accidents hurt if they don't instantly kill you.

I'm also pretty sure there are a few better riders than myself lurking around here.

I'm going to try and find my Killboy photos of me dragging the fairings on my Hayabusa. The big bike will make the turns, but you have to respect it.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
RIP to Mr. Mathison. @Revvv if we start now then it shouldn’t take but a year or 2 for you to slim down and get ready to rock on a HayBus.

Revvv going to show them how the Georgia boys get down.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread