Is this the NEW social NORM? WTF!

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Ours was no kids also. And everyone else's wedding I've been to recently except one. Kids can go to daycare, theres no point in them being at a wedding if the people getting married don't want them. Wedding aren't about you. If the people getting married don't want kids, you should respect their wishes. Trying to make a stand only e pettiness and trying to make the wedding about you.

08mojo

Established Member
I didn't even know no kids was an option at weddings, but I like the idea. I recently attended a friends wedding--and they paid a lot for the videographer and photographer. They have a great soundtrack of a toddler having a meltdown in the middle of their vows, and then only to be interrupted a short while later by a baby crying/screaming.

So, I can certainly understand if the invite excludes small children. I can also see the points being made on headcount and costs.

I don't understand why people go into debt for weddings, but that is a whole different conversation...

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
All I read was the OP.

It's their wedding now yours. If you dont like it, stay home. Or go without the kids and put on a fake smile and be nice. People can have their special day way they want.

7upstang

Established Member
We just had our wedding like this last year. We both love kids, however, we were limited with budget and space at our wedding. The room only held 150 people and our guest list was over 200.

So for our out of town guest we hired a babysitter and brought in pizza for the kids at the venue sight. Get there early, drop the kids off and go have a good time. Our guest seemed to love the idea and got a positive response for the most part. My crazy aunt didn't love the idea so she RSVP'd to our wedding and didn't show up. But she is a mess anyways. All in all, I would recommend not having kids. Most of the parents got a night out which they really enjoyed.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
The only kids we will have at ours is my niece and her niece. The other distant cousins will stay home. Most parents want to have a good time without their kids. It's a date night sort of for parents, so thats what most will be doing.

colin450

Established Member
Getting married next month and we're not having any kids at ours aside from my nephews who are ring-bearers. Too many kids and they can kind of take-over and make it less fun for the adults. They can't be expected to sit silent in their seats all night. I didn't really care as much as my fiancee does. Her maid of honor has a 6 month old and she told her she couldn't bring him. Ruthless.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
We originally wanted to do a no-kids wedding at an adults only all inclusive. The parents all seemed to like the idea but the grandparents were very upset.

So we changed the venue, and now kids are allowed. So far 2 of them are coming.

FWIW, I went to a wedding when I was 2-3 and I was bored out of my ****ing mind. Even when I went to one at 15 it wasn't very special, I had a lot more fun at the shop party afterwards.

You really need to get drunk to appreciate them regardless of age lol.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

How are young kids and children going to learn the social dynamics of courtship if not demonstrated by adults.

By watching the interaction of their parents, maybe? Courtship doesn't end once you exchange vows. A wedding ceremony is simply the culmination of the pre-marriage courtship. It's their wedding, not yours. If they don't want kids at their wedding, that's their right and prerogative. Ever thought that maybe they just don't like [other people's] kids? Just because you love your kids and feel like they're angels doesn't mean everybody else feels that way about them. You and your wife are being pretty selfish, and it seems like you're making somebody else's wedding all about yourselves and your feelings. Also, sending a letter to complain about not being able to bring your kids is a dick move. Just stay home in protest and let the happy couple enjoy their day without your morals looming overhead like a dark cloud.

Never_Enough

Established Member
By watching the interaction of their parents, maybe? Courtship doesn't end once you exchange vows. A wedding ceremony is simply the culmination of the pre-marriage courtship. It's their wedding, not yours. If they don't want kids at their wedding, that's their right and prerogative. Ever thought that maybe they just don't like [other people's] kids? Just because you love your kids and feel like they're angels doesn't mean everybody else feels that way about them. You and your wife are being pretty selfish, and it seems like you're making somebody else's wedding all about yourselves and your feelings. Also, sending a letter to complain about not being able to bring your kids is a dick move. Just stay home in protest and let the happy couple enjoy their day without your morals looming overhead like a dark cloud.
I love how everyone says their kid's are angels. No, not every kid is a damn angel, people. Grow up.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Because Wife.
Two people get married, not just one. If the groom allows, it he's just as guilty although lacks balls as the bride does.
You really need to get drunk to appreciate them regardless of age lol.
That's what i've observed others do at many social interactions. My theory is if you need to drink to enjoy yourself or tolerate others, you shouldnt go. I just stay at home and play video games. What do i know.:D
We originally wanted to do a no-kids wedding at an adults only all inclusive. The parents all seemed to like the idea but the grandparents were very upset.
I was going to comment and say it sucks yall gave in but i gave in on some thing about our wedding so im a hypocrite.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Two people get married, not just one. If the groom allows, it he's just as guilty although lacks balls as the bride does.

That's what i've observed others do at many social interactions. My theory is if you need to drink to enjoy yourself or tolerate others, you shouldnt go. I just stay at home and play video games. What do i know.:D

I was going to comment and say it sucks yall gave in but i gave in on some thing about our wedding so im a hypocrite.
I'm not getting notifications for some reason.

FWIW, I don't care. As long as she is happy I'm good.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member

PFFT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
Do you drink?

Drinking makes things more fun regardless, but especially for introverted people.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
No kids at our wedding a year ago except my nieces who were the flower girls.

For multiple reasons - head count at venue, cost, let the adults have fun, no kids making a scene - it was the right decision for us. Some of my cousins could not make it due to this restriction but that just shows me they didn't really want to come anyway as anyone can find childcare for children that are older than 6 or so months.

One cousin then got married 4 or 5 months later and she did the same except they announced no kids 3 weeks before the wedding. That sorta pissed people off.

Users who are viewing this thread