Is this a real 2003 Saleen Cobra? (56k no way)

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
It looks legit with the saleen badging in the engine compartment. Only way to truely tell is if you take the VIN and call saleen to check and see exactly what options saleen put on it. They will let you know if its real.

Badass car either way.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Looks good, but if fake - god I hate fakes. WTF do you put a saleen body kit on your Cobra if its not authentic Saleen? Boggles the damn mind....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As mentioned above, it shouldn't be hard to call Saleen with the VIN # to verify it is for real. I would bet it is.

Nice car.

s281cobra

Established Member
Yes it's real, it's 03-13, I've seen it in person, it's in CA, the current owner is the second owner, the first owner ordered the car with the "E" rear spoiler instead of the stock 3 piece, he later changed the hood, did some engine upgrades and did all the badging.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
s281cobra said:
Yes it's real, it's 03-13, I've seen it in person, it's in CA, the current owner is the second owner, the first owner ordered the car with the "E" rear spoiler instead of the stock 3 piece, he later changed the hood, did some engine upgrades and did all the badging.

:shrug: maybe it's true. STILL CHECK VIN

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I saw a Saleen Cobra (not sure if it was an 04 or 03) at Landmark Ford in Portland Oregon.. they only wanted about 65 grand for it.. and it was sitting outside the showroom..

WDW MKR

Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
x3, looks legit, regardless, it has the 03/04 setup and looks to have the c/c plates and what not so I would presume that it has the suspension work done to it.

Those are stock C/C plates.

shznit

shznit
Established Member
I have pics of the one at Landmark Ford... they sent them to me a few years ago when I was on the hunt for a Cobra.... wayyyyy too much $$ for what it was (although I had no idea 1 white coupe for that year.. wow).

MVC-001S.jpg

MVC-002S.jpg

MVC-003S.jpg

MVC-006S.jpg

BTW... some of us just like the look.. I'd never pass my Cobra off as a Saleen... just a custom Shznit Racing car... lol

SlowSVT

Established Member
The only way to get a Saleen Cobra is to buy an SVT Cobra and deliver it to Saleen for modification. Does this car have an IRS and a 6 speed?. If it does then there is a good chance that it started out as a Cobra.

s281cobra

Established Member
SlowSVT said:
The only way to get a Saleen Cobra is to buy an SVT Cobra and deliver it to Saleen for modification. Does this car have an IRS and a 6 speed?. If it does then there is a good chance that it started out as a Cobra.

Sort of, you had to find a SVT and Saleen Dealer that was willing to ship one of their allocated Cobra's to Saleen, wait a couple of months or in my case wait 8 months, Saleen then ships it back to the dealer and you pick it up.

You cannot deliver it to Saleen yourself, or take a used Cobra and have Saleen do the conversion.

And yes the 03/04's still have the IRS, the 6 spedd and the supercharged engine

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
I picked mine up from a SVT dealer in Philly. It had sat on their lot all summer. The dealer must have taken it upon themselves to send it to Saleen, or it may have been ordered by a customer and then the deal did not get done.

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
Interesting note about the white Saleen posted by shznit: I noticed the pony grill emblem is the corralled version. I wonder if Dearborn did that :shrug: I wouldn't think Saleen's techs would have went out of the way to bolt on a standard mustang emblem.

Users who are viewing this thread