Is there a market for used coyote 5.0 engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twistedneck

Established Member
I'm building a new engine and will have the factory 5.0 coyote sitting in the garage.

Is there any market for used coyotes?

its got 13k miles and runs perfect. I would be keeping the ECU so it would come only with the engine from TB to oil pan.

I'm not trying to sell it in this thread just get opinions, I could use the extra cash to pay for go fast parts on the new mill.

Ideas appreciated, what is the best way to do this?

alex12gt

Established Member
just sold mine for 4250 to a local guy for a fox swap prices range from 4k to 5+ depending on condition

twistedneck

Established Member
Did u include the ecu on your used motor? I need mine still!

That's the other key. It needs to be local to avoid shipping costs.

Any other lessons learned?

alex12gt

Established Member
hes got a deposit on it now and no ecu i sold the motor with the clutch/fly wheel and the headers but im replacing all that anyway

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Not only do Fox body people want them, but there is talk on the Lightning forums about using them.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
yes, you can sell them fairly easy for $3500-$4K depending on condition. I plan on doing this when/if I put an aluminator in my 2013.

twistedneck

Established Member
Ok, i might put up an ad here at SVT performance, but the best way to make this work is to have someone local so they can come pick up the crate engine w/o spending money on shipping.

Also, what is the best way to make the buyer understand the engine is good? I know it runs great now, w/o any warnings, smoke, misses, etc.. but should i get a compression test done? bore scope inspection?

calgarybandit

Established Member
This is the only thing I want to do before I upgrade my block\Supercharger is find a buyer for my stock motor. I have 22,000KM on mine always used Royal Purple and Amsoil oil. Problem is not as much of a market as you guys!

2012csgt

Established Member
A local guy around me is asking $1400 for a complete short block with 12000 miles on it. Sounds like a good deal to me. It's on craigslist under south Florida.

alex12gt

Established Member
Ive seen them between 4-5k i sold mine locally for 4250 and i wouldnt sell a good motor for less then 4

olaosunt

Established Member
I need some help guys!

I am also looking at swapping my engine with 11,000 miles for an Alluminator since I switched to the 69 mm TVS pulley from the 79mm pulley.I also had ID 1000's and a BAP installed when I did the smaller pulley.
The dyno shop said it only made 610 rwhp(it made 570 with the 82mm pulley) at 10-11 psi.I know the JBA long tubes lowers boost but the belt has been ticking so I am sure it was slipping.
I have not seen the dyno sheet(still waiting on email) yet but my AFR is said to be good.I Plan to have Justin at VMP look at the logs.

My "performance" Tech at ford who installed my supercharger and did the long tubes quite cheap($800 for the supercharger and $400 for the long tubes) wants to give me $2700 for my engine which will be include labor cost of $1400 to pull my engine and install the alluminator and $1300 cash.He says he will also install a new RXT clutch free of charge since the transmission will be out(I will provide clutch and flywheel).
That would make my out of pocket cost about $6300( if I can get it at Tousley for $7500) which seems to me kind of high or is that a fair deal?
I am indiana so I contacted Brenspeed to see if I could get a better deal with them but they never got back with me.

If I could get $3500 for my engine or be out the door with a new alluminator and clutch installed for less than $5500 I would definitely pull the trigger.

I spoke to Justin at VMP who thought I would be safe at this power level and boost with the stock engine.I have a manual transmission and I am chasing 10's but my best to date is an ET 11.3. at 126-127mph with a 1.68 60 ft(with the 79mm pulley).I have trapped once at 130mph with an ET of 11.4 on drag radials . I guess I am just worried about throwing a rod or something and getting "Zero" then for my engine.If I can not get into the 10's with current set up :shrug:(I know,I know driver mods needed) then I would run more boost with a JLT cold air intake (14-15 psi I am told).If that does not do it then I guess I give up:cryying:
Sorry for the long post but I am looking for some advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread