is SVTP running slow as crap lately?

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
This might be a repost but is SVTPerformace running really slow for any of you guys lately? It used to be once in a while that it would be running so slow that I couldn't even be bothered to wait for each page to load but now its like at least a couple times a day where either the site either is running soo slow that it wont open new pages or it just runs slow enough to the point of being unbearable. The problem is getting progressively worse.

I'm not a computer geek so I dunno what the model is but I'm on a brand new Dell that my parents bought like 5 months ago.

I know its not my internet service because every other website I go to runs perfect.

Last edited:

venmos1

Established Member
seems to be up and down with me. fine at times, then slow and sometimes doesnt even want to run.

Dusten

Established Member
i agree, pretty hit and miss. Used to be peak hours, now its whenever it wants.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Ya, its just hit and miss.

Right now its working fine. Seems to get slow at night.. maybe cause thats when the most people are on. i dunno

ModMike1572

Established Member
Ya, its just hit and miss.

Right now its working fine. Seems to get slow at night.. maybe cause thats when the most people are on. i dunno

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
they should reset everyones PM's to zero. It would be a great inconvenience to everyone but think about the space that would free up.

'01 Bolt

Close The Borders!!
Established Member
venmos1 said:
seems to be up and down with me. fine at times, then slow and sometimes doesnt even want to run.
same here... won't even load at times... too much old shit bogging it down..

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
the site just froze for like 5 minutes on me, and when I closed the windown and reopened the site it "timed out" 3 times. This is getting rediculous.:bash:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
66speed said:
Yes, and this thread is just making it that much slower...:)

exactly. it's a lot better than it used to be before the rebuild, back in the long long ago.

Screamin'SVT

Banned
Yes. No lie, this page took over 14 minutes to load.. I'm at work so I was working on a CAD print while this was loading in the background.. It will probably take another 10+ minutes to post this message :rolleyes:

Historically the site would do this once in a while, but never to the extent it has as of late. It's hard to complain about a free site, but I find this unacceptable.. Either have a site that works all the time or don't have one at all; it's frustrating to type up a long reply or be in the middle of a detailed search for something and have to give up because everything gets so damn sluggish.

If I were an advertiser on this forum I would not be happy knowing that I am likely loosing exposure when people give up in frustration because pages won't load.

Last edited:

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I had to open new windows 4 times to get to this thread. It took 10 minutes to load.

Last night, I had to keep closing and re-opening the browser because refresh wouldn't even bring the pages back up. It's pretty much 24/7 this week its been happening. I have already said I'd be willing to pony up for a new server but I never saw a thread/paypal setup or anything.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
i think they should wipe out everyone's PM's (500 PM limit per user is overkill)....BUT let us check off whichever PM's we have that are important and we really want to keep. And maybe get rid of all the theads that havent been replied to for over a year, or 6 months or something. I think that would speed up the site a lot, this is the only forum that i REALLY like surfing when I'm online, and recently its been nothing but a headache trying to look through it.:shrug:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I tried extracting some more speed today. I'm also in the process of adding a second server, which is going to more than double than cost of what we have now.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I don't give out that info, but the new one is so badass that the company hasn't even released their advertising info on it yet.

typhoon43

Established Member
SID,
is it strictly server load that causes this, or it bandwidth issues from Multacom?
I'll try running some traces tonight during peak slowness. Have you done any trend analysis to plot member logins vs. time-of day?

Sorry, I'm a Sr. Network Admin so I'm naturally intrigued when a system doesn't run right at certain times.

Users who are viewing this thread