Is it worth porting my Eaton?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
the great thing about porting is past the 500whp level you can start getting your support system in place (BAP, Injectors, MAF extender, tune, etc) with the ported blower and learning the car, and when that power level becomes not enough, you simply buy the twin-screw of choice, and sell off the ported blower to make a good portion of your money back. If you do it right you can usually have 0 downtime with the car (aside from time it takes during the blower swap).

most people need fuel/tuning past 500whp levels, or with most ported blower setups. Make sure to account for this in your budget.

Best part about this is if you're married and do all of this and when you're ready for a Twin Screw it's all you need. I made sure I had it all and when I asked my wife for a Whipple she asked what else did I need. I said nothing lol. Bolt it on and go.

I run a 2.8 upper only, is it worth it to port? How does the car feel after a port compaired? I am going TS just wondering on the guys that ported after they ran an upper for awhile.

Now you're probably done power wise around 6,000ish rpm's but after a port you could easily shift at 6,500 rpm's. That's huge IMO and what makes the cars more fun.:beer:

Mustang289

Established Member
Very good input thank you!

I was at a car show Saturday at Fort Belvoir Virginia. I talked to the owner (I believe) of Springfield Automotive. He told me he can get my term to 500 rwhp with a stock eaton, but I will need bigger injectors and fuel pump. I told him I don't want my term tuned on the edge, I would rather give up 5-10 hp and be safe.

Still leaning towards a port, everything I've read that I don't need any fuel system upgrades for 500 rwhp.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Just been watching you help others as usual and trying to run my car. Same to you on hope you're having a good summer. Boy it's hot here in Ky.!

Users who are viewing this thread