Is it worth it?

damon94

Established Member
I have an 07 gt500 with 27k on it. Its paid off, and the dealer by my house house has a 11 for 52k. they say they will give me 29500 for my 07 as trade-in. Should i pull the trigger and get an 11? Is the difference in the car worth basically 25k? opinions?

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Spend the 10k on mods and you'll have a much more powerful/better handling gt500 than the '11 will ever be with 15k to spend on whatever you want!

damon94

Established Member
thats kinda what i was thinking since my 3 year warrnanty just ran out. Ive been affraid to mess with it until now

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
You could surpass a 2011 with $ for mods and have a lot leftover.

All boils down to what you want (and what might look prettier :lol:)

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
What mods do you have now? The '11 handles like a dream compared to a stock '07-'09.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
nitto nt555's on the rear. thats it

I'd drive the '11, you will be surprised that Ford could even get this level of handling out of the car, it's great. Then talk with these guys on what to do to your '09 to get that type handling. Then do the pulley and tune.

It'll be a whole different car, that's for sure.

I can't believe anyone would leave a '07-'09 suspension stock, it's a POS compared to a modded one.

If you like the car you have, spend 5k on it and you will love it!

Last edited:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
it would be worth it if you didnt have to get a loan. Do you have the cash to comfortably spend on it and not have buyers remorse? If thats the case, i would do it. If not, why get into another payment. Just enjoy the car you have for what it is

damon94

Established Member
I have the money. the problem I have is its my daily driver, so I cant do anything extreme where the car has to be down for a week at a time.

Any customer prefered shops in the dfw area? I live in bedford, tx to be exact.

chuckstang

Established Member
I'd wait for the 2012 GT500 with Recaro seats, factory 2.3 blower and so forth or look at the Boss 302 LS for 2012, but IMO the 2011 GT500 with its faulty 2nd gear syncros, I'd PASS

I was going to trade mine for one and boy am I glad I did not! I love the 2011 GT500 but you know Ford will have this 2nd gear issue fixed by 2012, so why not wait, enjoy the car you got, especially being paid for!

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
^for what its worth I have never had my car grind on me once going into second.

OP: I would keep your car and mod it and buy a dd. Im the kinda person that likes to drive my toy car on nice days and have a dd for the crappy days. I do love my 2011 and if I had a paid for 2007 I would keep it and mod it.

RedlineHP

Established Member
personally the only thing i dont like is the hood on my car. I would love a hood like on the kr.

Replace the stock plastic vents with some True Forged hood vents. These will give some style to your hood.

Just my .02. If this is (07) going to still be a dd, just order the FRPP CAI and tune, the FRPP handling pak and 3:73 gears and a Shelby dual fan H/E.
These changes will bring out the real Cobra with in you car and still be a great dd :burnout:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
The 07 is an awesome platform to start modding. Why take a huge depreciation hit on an 11? I did all my mods for under $5k (incl wheels and tires). It is like a different car! And you get the satisfaction from planning/doing it yourself, if you can!

Users who are viewing this thread