Is it totaled?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Little update. The adjuster called to tell me it is totaled. They are offering 22,500 - 1000 deductible. Do I have to pay the deductible? Also on the write up they put nothing about upgrades wheels and tires. They put stock. Can I fight for more.? Thanks guys

That is a very strong offer for an 03' with 60k+ miles. I would take it and run.

Regarding the wheels, they may want a proof of purchase and could maybe be added if you bought new.

Find out what the car can be bought for after settlement, and consider buying it back to sell/part out.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
$22,500 for an eleven year old Mustang?? Take the money and RUN straight to your bank! I honestly didn't think the insurance would pay more than 16K for it.

Last edited:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Little update. The adjuster called to tell me it is totaled. They are offering 22,500 - 1000 deductible. Do I have to pay the deductible? Also on the write up they put nothing about upgrades wheels and tires. They put stock. Can I fight for more.? Thanks guys

You will get a check for 21,500.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN.

Then immediatley buy the cobra back and make another 8K AT LEAST parting it out.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I think that's a great price but why should you have to pay a deductible? I've never been in an accident so maybe I'm missing something... but if she's at fault I would assume you wouldn't pay one.

rancid

Established Member
Deal Howie. Take the money. If your insurance carrier is paying the damages you will pay deductible and should recover it from the other lady and reimburse you after they pay the claim.

If it is her insurance company telling you to pay the deductible I'd tell them to go pound sand.

Last edited:

Joeysnk

Established Member
Deal Howie. Take the money. If your insurance carrier is paying the damages you will pay deductible and should recover it from the other lady and reimburse you after they pay the claim.

If it is her insurance company telling you to pay the deductible I'd tell them to go pound sand.

I am actually not sure who is making me pay it cause we have the same insurance company. I guess I should just be happy with the 21.5

tommygun

Established Member
quarter panel - structural damage

a pillar - structural damage

If you plan on keeping the car for many years and love it, its fixable.... but the damage will total that car

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
quarter panel - structural damage

a pillar - structural damage

If you plan on keeping the car for many years and love it, its fixable.... but the damage will total that car

read above, they totaled it and offered him $22.5k for a 60k mile 03. Absolute gift IMO.

tommygun

Established Member
reading page 1...then posting gets me everytime haha

I forsee a influx of wrecked conv cobras lol thats a lot of money

Users who are viewing this thread