Is it totaled?

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
If they would total it, I'd take the money and buy another car. Even though it can be repaired (most likely someone will repair it), the value of the car is damaged.

E

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Sorry about your car! Glad everyone came out of the wreck ok.

If they total it you can go out and buy a new Hellcat to replace it!!!

:rolling:

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
That car is probably totaled if repairs will cost more than $7-8k. I'm no body man but no airbag deployment, no damaged windshield, no damaged core support, doesn't look like subframe damage, I'd call it eminently repairable for less than that. But it might be close.

Gona cost more then that, when I got into alil front bumper collision it was only bumper head light and a AC condenser total repairs came to $7500.
How many miles do you have on it OP, this will play a big part in if it will be totaled or not, 1 qutaer panle, 1 door, 1 mirror, 1 fender , 1 rocker panel and possibly a front rim and alinment, I say its gona be close IMO unless you have like 10K-20K mi on it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Id say not totalled.

My fusion was hit about a year ago, decently major drivers rear impact, tweaked suspension, etc. Only amounted to around $6500 in damage and my loan payoff at the time was $9k, but they still wouldnt total it out because they valued the car at around $14k at the time, which was bullshit because absolutely nobody would pay that for that car.

If your cobra is valued at $20k for instance, theyll have to rack up a good deal close to that to warrant cutting you the check for its worth.

TheGovernment

Established Member
Sorry for your loss...

If parts and labor go over 50% forget it.

How many miles?

If they do total it what's the plan? Keep the car take a smaller check or bigger check and they take car? Although it's more of a hassle you'd probably make more on selling parts considering the type of car it is.

Side frame?

Unibody = pieces of sheet metal with hundreds of spot welds.

Side of the frame. Easy there tiger, I was replying on my phone.

stroked mach

Established Member
I say sue the old lady, its not your fault, and I would not go all crazy just ofr the repair of your car or a another of equal value

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
think different rules apply state to state whether or not they consider it totaled. Iowa is 50% vehicle value. I got knicked in the rear and it buckled the quarter, could have been saved but I pushed for replacement and they caved since it only had 30K on the clock. Think total was 5k to fix. Sucks none the less, good luck.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

You're fortunate Obama care doesn't pertain to cars, you'd be paying for this out of pocket.

Jesus Christ. Seriously?

OP, as long as the frame isn't bent, that's all cosmetic and repairable. Hope you had gap insurance if they total it. If not, sue the old lady for the rest and then some because not only do you have to pay off your existing loan, you have to buy another car. Don't accept anything less than being made whole in the settlement.

Joeysnk

Established Member
Thanks guys. Just waiting on the claims guy to get back to me and let me know what they have figured out. I will let u guys know ASAP

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
I would write that up as repairable without a doubt. Doesn't look that bad. Should need outer qtr, some inner qtr repair , rt door, rt fender and probably some a pillar repair. In and out the shop in 2 weeks no problem. Silver is a pain to match so they will blend the paint on the hood and lid. Id guess $6000-$7000.00 in damage without actually writing it up. Good luck OP let us know what the word is.

Joeysnk

Established Member
Little update. The adjuster called to tell me it is totaled. They are offering 22,500 - 1000 deductible. Do I have to pay the deductible? Also on the write up they put nothing about upgrades wheels and tires. They put stock. Can I fight for more.? Thanks guys

89foxer

Established Member
just depends on the coverage, I have state farm and they only cover up to 2500 custom wheels etc, I pay extra for that, but if you didnt have it they might not budge. I say buy it and resell it. If interested pm I can send the cash asap. Good thing your okay.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Usually there is an extra cost for having mods covered some insurance companies are good about giving a bit extra for mods and others not at all.

Users who are viewing this thread