Is it safe for street on 91 octane

98trmn8r

Established Member
I have a 98 gt with an 04 cobra engine modified harness... I currently installed my 2.8H KB with the 3.75" pulley according to KB it should produce 18.5#'s of boost, sct 2400, 60# injectors, accufab TB, complete FORE precision return fuel system, bbk LT and off road x pipe,..... Is this a safe set up or what do you guys recommend I was thinking of the killer chiller to be safer any thoughts???? .. Previously it made 467rwhp with eaton @ 14# with 39# injectors dyno tune at RET

98trmn8r

Established Member
I was reading on the KB instructions and they recommend for street maximum of 18lbs .. But I I been hearing it might be too much ... I would like to see if I could make the 600's ...I was thinking about the killer chiller it should help keeping temps cool and prevent detonation ... I'm going to get it on the dyno hopefully in couple weeks ... How much rwhp should I be making????

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I'm running 20 lbs on 91 pump gas. You have to be conservative on the timing. If you want to put some timing in it get some torco, water/meth, or E85.

Users who are viewing this thread