Is it really a SVT vehicle?

miniSHO

Established Member
I love how the Shelby dealer product guide states the SVT motto after giving SVT the axe a few weeks ago. The motto "Performance", "Substance", "Exclusitivity", and "Value" should not be used now that SVT is gone.

Take a look at the discriptions of these words that are in the product guide. They do not apply anymore. This one is the most obvious:

Exclusivity — Low-volume, limited-production products
available only from specially trained dealers :lol:

shelby.gif

R1Lello

Established Member
What's 'low' to you?? An Enzo at a few units a year and 1.2 million or a Ford Tempo at 200,000 units but projected to sell 250,000 ???? It's a lot lower than a Mustang V6 or GT

miniSHO

Established Member
R1Lello said:
What's 'low' to you?? An Enzo at a few units a year and 1.2 million or a Ford Tempo at 200,000 units but projected to sell 250,000 ???? It's a lot lower than a Mustang V6 or GT

The "specially trained dealers" was what the laughing head was for. Every dealer in North America will now be able to sell this "SVT" vehicle. That's why it doesn't make sense to used the old SVT name or motto anymore.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I also found it funny that it has the history of SVT and all that in the guide when they just announced SVT is closing.

chuckstang

Established Member
yes this car is a true SVT built vehicle. The very last SVT vehicle built.
and yes the center caps will say svt and yes the valve covers as well, and yes the aluminum door sill plates...

miniSHO

Established Member
chuckstang said:
and yes the center caps will say svt and yes the valve covers as well, and yes the aluminum door sill plates...

Because it's too late to remove these items now......SVT is no more.

91svtbird

Established Member
chuckstang said:

You are probably correct with those observations. For that reason it will be even more special to those of us who will miss SVT.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Dr Auto X said:
A better question would be is it really a Shelby? Other than the sticker on the trunk did the man really have anything to do with it?
This has already been beaten up here and on the other boards.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Dr Auto X said:
Hey at least it didn't get recalled for being underpowered.

That's right. It was intended to be underpowered so no recall was necessary. BTW, does your husband have a car, too?

:loser:

frankin

Established Member
Dr Auto X said:
A better question would be is it really a Shelby? Other than the sticker on the trunk did the man really have anything to do with it?
I think he is too old to have done anything on the car, except maybe some suggestions to Ford. He was the man in his time, but now I believe you will just pay extra for having his name on it.

chuckstang

Established Member
I agree with Frankin's statment
But hey, it is what it is.
330+ flywheel hp is fine with me for n/a lil 4.6, but ya it did suck to have to take it back to the dealer to recieve a free for "fix"
lol

Users who are viewing this thread