Is it better to go with my X-plan pricing, or just deal?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Trying to find a mustang invoice, but did find these:

invoice.jpg

08x-plan.gif

ax_invoice.jpg

Last edited:

Richyencho

Regular rebates will almost always still qualify even with "X" plan. I have never seen them differ in the 1000's of cars I sold, however the other avail rebates you may qualify for i.e. $750.00 private mailer, college $500.00, military $500.00 most times will not work in conjunction with x,a,d plans...FYI!!! Rebates always go by the zip code of your drivers license and not your summer home in the keys even if its more!!! Any other questions please e-mail me @ [email protected] and I will respond as I get to them.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Regular rebates will almost always still qualify even with "X" plan. I have never seen them differ in the 1000's of cars I sold, however the other avail rebates you may qualify for i.e. $750.00 private mailer, college $500.00, military $500.00 most times will not work in conjunction with x,a,d plans...FYI!!! Rebates always go by the zip code of your drivers license and not your summer home in the keys even if its more!!! Any other questions please e-mail me @ [email protected] and I will respond as I get to them.

Yep x + all rebates! In some cases there is additional rebates only available to "A,Z,X,D Plans". I have been out of the business for a few years, but I do remember where they would specifically add rebates with a plan.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
make it easy on yourself,

xplan

in and out in less than an hour. i personally love xplan deals. makes it very easy simple process.

leotheviper2000

Established Member
X Plan

I first went to a dealership to see what the price was for the X-plan, turned out USAA pricing was about a thousand less. there were to options on my car i said i wasnt going to pay for : HID, and Security package. So i got it about a thousand less than the USAA pricing.

If the dealership dosen't want to sell the car for the price you offer, try another dealership.
My sticker price was 36k and i paid 31k.

2011 5.0 premium package, Brembos, 373, HID, and Security package for 31k!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I first went to a dealership to see what the price was for the X-plan, turned out USAA pricing was about a thousand less. there were to options on my car i said i wasnt going to pay for : HID, and Security package. So i got it about a thousand less than the USAA pricing. If the dealership dosen't want to sell the car for the price you offer, try another dealership.

So USAA was a $1000 less than X, and then you paid $1000 less than USAA? You bought the car for 2k under sticker before rebates?

Currently I believe that there is $1500 Rebate, and $500 military.... so it sounds like you bought the car for invoice minus rebates.

Last edited:

texaswrx

Established Member
Well, I finally picked up the mailer, with the additional 750 coupon. Now, I will see what happens after midnight with the rebates for the time period after the 3rd. Crosses fingers!

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Great timing on this thread!!
I am looking into my eligibility for X-plan, but have also considered just dealing.
I'm going to my local dealer tomorrow. They have located the car we want, but have to bring it in. Should I fight for invoice? I imagine they won't be as motivated because the car isn't sitting on the lot. As it is, they keep a tiny 1-2 new Mustang inventory and usually sell what comes in.
I am going to put on my best poker face and demand invoice, but in reality is that reasonable for a car not on the lot?
I would also consider ordering new, but that would be a 2012 and I believe the rebates don't apply.
When ordering new, I thought invoice should be easy to get because the dealer is guaranteed all of the hold-back.

Are you referring to Feduke in Vestal or Royal in Owego by any chance?
I cant find any local dealer than will do less than $500 over invoice. Right now I am working with a dealer near Rochester that sells them for $300 UNDER invoice + rebates

Mika

Established Member

I sent an offer of $32,000 to a local dealer for a new GT. They quoted me less than $31k($30,978) for a 2011 5.0 with the Rapid Spec 400a, Brembo's, 3.73's, HID's and security. Sticker=$36,705. So almost $6k off of sticker. This place means business. They could have taken me up on my offer, but took over another $1k off of the price of the vehicle. Guess where my money's going to when I gather up my down payment?;)

Deals can be had, you just have to find a dealer who's willing to work with you and not jerk you around.

Mika

Users who are viewing this thread