Is it better to go with my X-plan pricing, or just deal?

texaswrx

Established Member
Working for BP, I can use the x-plan pricing. There is a rebate in my area of Texas at this time. Would I be better off making a deal, or use the fixed x-plan pricing? I appreciate any input.

John

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
IIRC X-Plan is 1% over invoice.
Some dealers don't like X-Plan sales due to the extra paperwork.
Hence the reason why my local dealer will do invoice minus any rebates.

Just be sure to get X-Plan or invoice minus rebates.
If the car has been on the lot awhile demand they dip into the holdback,
say $500.

IMO wait until Dearborne offers a $3000 rebate... they will :rockon:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
USAA's car buying service is great. The ones that i looked at were less than invoice and I know a few people on here have used it to buy their 2011s. If you arent a member it might be worth your while to join just for this service. Its atleast worth checking into...

USAA Autos | Car Buying Home Page

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
X-Plan is great if you are having troubles getting a dealer to work with you...some dealers can actually go lower than the X-Plan pricing which is I believe invoice+.04%.

andymarkv

Established Member
Great timing on this thread!!
I am looking into my eligibility for X-plan, but have also considered just dealing.
I'm going to my local dealer tomorrow. They have located the car we want, but have to bring it in. Should I fight for invoice? I imagine they won't be as motivated because the car isn't sitting on the lot. As it is, they keep a tiny 1-2 new Mustang inventory and usually sell what comes in.
I am going to put on my best poker face and demand invoice, but in reality is that reasonable for a car not on the lot?
I would also consider ordering new, but that would be a 2012 and I believe the rebates don't apply.
When ordering new, I thought invoice should be easy to get because the dealer is guaranteed all of the hold-back.

JD's04

Established Member
Also on x-plan I believe dealer can only charge up to $75.00 dealer fee mine did not charge me anything.

Richyencho

The dealer gets reimbursed a few hundred + holdback at "x" plan. It is a few hundred more than actual invoice. You can buyjust about any ford at invoice tho. As far as holdback is concerned most dealers wont even think about giving that up unless its a 200+ day old unit. As far as a dealer trade goes, the dealer keeps the holdback of the vehicle they sell to another dealer which is why we all try to work together and swap vehicles instead of just buying it usually at invoice. Hope this helps. Rich Yencho Gibbons Ford Dickson city Pa. 570-489-4747 p.s. fyi I will order anyone a 2012 mustang at dealer invoice ;) I just ordered 5 gt/cs's yesterday 2 convs 3 coupes. A yello blaze cp W/black over top stripes, 3.73's, and pkg 5 = spoiler,c-scoops,hood scoop,louvers.....NICE I will have to demo this one for a bit;)

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Also on x-plan I believe dealer can only charge up to $75.00 dealer fee mine did not charge me anything.

This is correct except it is up to $99. This one reason X-plan is a good deal with so many dealers charging outragousdealer/document fees.

You are also able to get any rebates or incentives on top of the X-plan price. I live in VA and checked this morning and Ford is currently offering a $1,500 rebate on all 2011 Mustangs (except GT500) in my area.

texaswrx

Established Member
Thanks for all the great information! I was looking at getting another Terminator, but it makes more sence to with new and a warranty. I do miss it, but it is time to open another chapter.

Red99SVT

Established Member
Where are you guys seeing what rebates and all are available? Sorry to muck up your thread. I have considered buying used and new. I am a Terminator guy, but cant stand to not try one of these new 5.0's out. I also need to find what all options are available. Time to start researching I guess.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member

Big A

Established Member
I did better than x-plan pricing just goin in there and haggling. I was in there talking numbers for literally 5 hours until they came back with the price I wanted. You can beat x-plan pricing for sure.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i was able to work with the dealer below the x-plan price. they have plenty of room on these cars, just stick to your guns and keep turning them down and eventually they will come in where you need to be. good luck...

:beer:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I did better than x-plan pricing just goin in there and haggling. I was in there talking numbers for literally 5 hours until they came back with the price I wanted. You can beat x-plan pricing for sure.

How much better than invoice did you get, and what was the doc fee? I would say that 5hrs of my time is not worth the extra couple of hundred dollars that will make my payment $5/mo higher.

OP, X Plan is the way to go. Forget about percentage's, I believe the X Plan on a mustang is around $100 over invoice, then subtract all available rebates. Even if you are a negotiator and got them $400 below invoice, if their doc fee is $495 it is almost the same price as the X.

texaswrx

Established Member
Thanks again. I don't really have 5 hours to sit and deal. I also know when to walk away, as I don't need a new car, just want this car. I will let you know how it work out. I will not have a day off until the end of the year.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
if and when you go to a dealer, respect them, tell them you are X-planner, then select
the car you want, don't waste their or your time...it's a simple process. and have your
pin number with you

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Thanks again. I don't really have 5 hours to sit and deal. I also know when to walk away, as I don't need a new car, just want this car. I will let you know how it work out. I will not have a day off until the end of the year.

No problem and typically an X plan purchase should be very fast. As stated above, have your personal pin with you and possibly have the salesman have all paperwork prepped.

Big A

Established Member
X-plan is not invoice...X-plan is 2000 off of base MSRP. I tried walking away several times and they just kept dropping the number lower so they finally got to a point where I couldn't say no. Try and deal, you'll be happy you did. Just go at the end of the month or end of the quarter.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
X-plan is not invoice...X-plan is 2000 off of base MSRP. I tried walking away several times and they just kept dropping the number lower so they finally got to a point where I couldn't say no. Try and deal, you'll be happy you did. Just go at the end of the month or end of the quarter.

That is totally incorrect. X Plan on a mustang is roughly $100 over invoice. OP, if you have your pin take it to the dealer and ask to see the invoice. On the invoice you will see box's on the bottom "X Plan", "D Plan", "A/Z Plan".

Users who are viewing this thread