Is fpdm necessary?

astippich

Established Member
I am wondering if a modified fpdm is beneficial/necessary or a waste of money/time on a 2.76/2lb ported car?

TEABG

Banned
sb03cobra said:
You don't need it with a BAP, if you are using stock pumps.

You do not need half of the crap we buy, however it is a good idea. Lot of voltage and a upgraded FPDM is a great idea. If not thermal shut down and burnt up pumps are no big deal

TEABG

Banned
Other
Product 6/6

larger image
Zone-5 99-04 Mustang Modified FPDM
$200.00

Model: Z5-FPDM
Manufactured by: Zone-5

Zone-5 99-04 Mustang Modified FPDM

WHEN IS THE FPDM NEEDED?

If you are running a pair of big returnless fuel pumps (i.e. Lincoln Aviator, Ford Focus, or Ford GT) and/or running '03/'04 SVT Cobra dual pumps with a pump voltage booster in your high-horsepower Mustang you NEED to have your FPDM modified. This modification allows the Ford Mustang driver (99-04) to sink substantially more current (up to 25Amps) without overheating. What happens when the stock driver overheats? It goes into thermal limiting and cuts ALL fuel supply to your engine until the driver temperature drops below a safe level. As I'm sure you're aware, the loss of fuel pressure with your engine at full load can often times be catastrophic!

This modification will NOT require a retune of your vehicle. It will not reduce reliability of the driver or of the system. In fact, the driver will run much cooler than in the stock configuration which will prolong its life even when used with high-flow, high-current dual pumps.

WHEN IS THE FPDM NOT NEEDED?

This modification is NOT necessary if you are running stock '03/'04 Cobra dual pumps without a pump voltage booster or a single Aviator, Focus, or Ford GT pump without a pump voltage booster. It will not hurt to do this modification with the above mentioned systems but it is not necessary as those pump setups all draw less than 18Amps at full load.

NOTE-We have these units in stock and ready to ship!

Add to Cart:

Customers who bought this product also purchased...

LDC 99-04 Cobra Cooling Mod
Ford 03-04 Cobra "GT" Fuel Pump Upgrade

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Can someone explain this to my ignorant brain??? Im adding a bap soon, what should I do?? I like to be safe, and have all precautions..

Thanks all...slo-poc....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Slo-poc, didn't Teabag's post answer your question? What other explanation are you looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread